CacheMonkey, watcher and GPXSpinner

Discussion about software such as GSAK, OziExplorer etc, as well as all things hardware, GPSrs, laptops, PDAs, paperless caching, cables etc
riblit
It's the journey.
It's the journey.

CacheMonkey, watcher and GPXSpinner

Post by riblit » 03 August 03 12:42 pm

I have been looking at the interaction of the above programs as they all have desirable features.<br>
CacheMonkey can lose some found caches as it reads the most recent logs. Watcher keeps a list of found caches in an xml file called lists.xml in the program directory.<br>
GPXSpinner reads the above file if it is available. CacheMonkey will not read the GPX file made by Watcher, GPXSpinner can read that file. CacheMonkey can read the GPX file made by GPXSpinner.<br>
Of these three programs, CacheMonkey is the only one that will ouput an Oziexplorer waypoint file. <br>
As a potential upgrade to CacheMonkey I would like it to read the Watcher list and use it for the found caches and maybe see why it won't read the GPX file made by watcher.<br>
Watcher is available at http://www.clayjar.com for those who would like to look at it.

CacheMonkey

Post by CacheMonkey » 04 August 03 10:24 am

I have been thinking about some sort of found it list that could be generated from cachemonkey when you are online and when it is working and then if you are ofline or importing gpx files it can lookup the found it list so caches have the correct status. Also it could export the found it list so Watcher could use it. <p>
I know the gpx import needs a little work and Jeremy has probably tweaked the page layout again meaning Ill need to rework the page parsing logic again.<p>
I should get a chance to look at these problems in the coming week sometime.<p>
CacheMonkey Brad