CacheMonkey v2.0.2 BETA already with GPX Import

Discussion about software such as GSAK, OziExplorer etc, as well as all things hardware, GPSrs, laptops, PDAs, paperless caching, cables etc
CacheMonkey

Post by CacheMonkey » 29 June 03 7:39 pm

Ive added a rough GPX import, turned out to be MUCH easier than i had thought. Ive only tested it with 1 file, and even then not very well. It currently only does what CacheMonkey used to do, but can be driven from a GPX file rather than downloading.<p>
Get the new JAR at
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~bmcgill7 ... monkey.jar
.<br>
Also fixed the problem riblit reported in for the 2.0.1Beta. No other changes.

riblit
It's the journey.
It's the journey.

Post by riblit » 29 June 03 9:50 pm

Looks Ok with my GPX file. It found my hidden caches in the list.

Thanks Brad.

Papa Bear_Left
800 or more hollow logs searched

Post by Papa Bear_Left » 30 June 03 11:24 am

Is there a way to get the whole log for each cache? I know how to do it in the URL online, but not how to make CM do it...

daz1950

Post by daz1950 » 30 June 03 7:09 pm

:oops: I'm probably a bit thick but is there any way to check or uncheck all the boxes in the Export column? <br>Apart from ticking them one at a time of coarse. <br>Thanks for your efforts in making this program available.
<br><br>
Cheers, Darrell

riblit
It's the journey.
It's the journey.

Post by riblit » 30 June 03 7:25 pm

Is 'click on a cache, go to the online menu and select "Go to Cache Page"' what you want Bear_Left? Or are you asking if CM will download the whole log automagically?

Gunn Parker
400 or more spectacular views seen

Post by Gunn Parker » 30 June 03 7:26 pm

Hi
Go to file/options/list setup
then tick or un tick which ever you like
Andrew

daz1950

Post by daz1950 » 30 June 03 8:55 pm

Gunn Parker wrote:Hi
Go to file/options/list setup
then tick or un tick which ever you like
Andrew
<br>
:) Okay now I understand, I thought that designated what was actually downloaded. Told you I was thick.<br>
What I really wanted to do was, after sorting by bearing, delete the directions I didn't want but I can do this by exporting to EasyGPS and deleting the unwanted waypoints from there.<br>
Thanks Andrew.<br><br>Cheers, Darrell

Papa Bear_Left

Post by Papa Bear_Left » 30 June 03 10:25 pm

riblit wrote:Is 'click on a cache, go to the online menu and select "Go to Cache Page"' what you want Bear_Left? Or are you asking if CM will download the whole log automagically?
Automagic is the go! The .GPX file from the secondary site cuts off at the same point as the first view online. I'd love to have the entire page available, just so I can be completely misled by weasels like Leek and Swampy!

swampgecko
It's all in how you get there....
It's all in how you get there....

Post by swampgecko » 30 June 03 11:24 pm

Bear_Left wrote: Automagic is the go! The .GPX file from the secondary site cuts off at the same point as the first view online. I'd love to have the entire page available, just so I can be completely misled by weasels like Leek and Swampy!
WHAT THE???? When did the Vegie and the Reptile ever steer you wrong BL? Must be some foul and scandlous roumors going around I feel......... :twisted:

riblit
It's the journey.
It's the journey.

Post by riblit » 30 June 03 11:30 pm

I see what you mean, the ebook format file for the palm only shows the contents of the first page and the recent logs for the cache. I just checked another program, one that makes html pages for the palm. It does the same. Looks like you still have to go to the cache page to read all the logs. :(

Papa Bear_Left

Post by Papa Bear_Left » 01 July 03 9:52 am

riblit wrote:Looks like you still have to go to the cache page to read all the logs. :(
Which annoys me, since the datascraper programs have to fabricate URLs anyway, why not add the "&log=y" on each one?

Any chance, Brad? (Wake up! You only got woken up three times last night, didn't you? Luxury! :) )

riblit
It's the journey.
It's the journey.

Post by riblit » 01 July 03 10:49 am

Then again Oh Bearded one, maybe Jeremy should add it to the premium membership download as we are paying for the service

Gunn Parker

Post by Gunn Parker » 01 July 03 11:34 am

Bear_left
if you use Geoclipping you can select to clip all of the logs and send that to your palm desk top in memo form
Andrew

Papa Bear_Left

Post by Papa Bear_Left » 01 July 03 11:34 am

I think I've seen it several times on the forums (fora?) but it's never happened. I might bring it up again...

Actually, having just looked at Cachemonkey again, I realise that it's probably not relevant anyway! I was thinking of some other program (cachespinner, probably) that does grab the partial logs. CM just gets the GPSr-relevant data, I think?

Papa Bear_Left

Post by Papa Bear_Left » 01 July 03 11:39 am

Gunn Parker wrote:if you use Geoclipping you can select to clip all of the logs and send that to your palm desk top in memo form
Andrew
Yeah, I played with that, but doing 370 caches one at a time really, really doesn't appeal! :(
Besides, the 4k memo limit is often a problem. (roll on OS6!)

The more I think on't, the better the idea of the scondary site providing a full-page GPX sounds. Then I can convert that to html in iSilo and be a happy cacher!