CacheMonkey v2.0.1 BETA and New release structure for now.

Discussion about software such as GSAK, OziExplorer etc, as well as all things hardware, GPSrs, laptops, PDAs, paperless caching, cables etc
CacheMonkey

CacheMonkey v2.0.1 BETA and New release structure for now.

Post by CacheMonkey » 29 June 03 5:14 pm

I have fixed up cachemonkey to work with the new login procedure (the 3rd new one in as many releases!) and the new date formats which was killing the last release. To make releases easier and quicker i.e. more frequent in this beta stage ill just release new JAR files at this address.
Ill always post a new message in this forum to let people know its been updated. Once a new release is finalised the main website will be updated.
<p>
Please report all issues as quickly and as accurately as possible so i can get them fixed up. Am thinking of adding a GPX import feature after all the talk of a need to do that, it would be pretty easy and would prevent total loss of CacheMonkey functionality at least for members when the website changes. Plus could add complete log history viewing and the like.
Im still thinking about it though.
<p>
The Url for the new JAR file is at
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~bmcgill7 ... monkey.jar<br>Just copy the JAR file over the existing jar file in your CacheMonkey folder to update CacheMonkey. The version can be found in the Help About to confirm an update is successful.
<p>
Enjoy!
GeoMonkey Brad.

riblit
It's the journey.
It's the journey.

Post by riblit » 29 June 03 5:49 pm

Great Brad, Thanks,

Download is Ok. Cache names - all unavailable caches have the names surrounded by the <strike> and </strike> tags It sorts them all together but makes the names look a bit strange.

John

maccamob
10000 or more caches found

Post by maccamob » 29 June 03 6:21 pm

Thanks, Brad. Nice to have it working again. I've noticed, though, that some of the Found, Not Found and Hidden caches now have an * following the status (ie Found*, Not found* or Hidden*). Can't see anything special about those caches - is it a glitch or a new feature?

CacheMonkey

Post by CacheMonkey » 29 June 03 7:32 pm

Yes * characters now indicate the cache has a travel bug, its really just a place holder till i can get a better display setup, perhaps another column, but its still early days for that feature.

maccamob

Post by maccamob » 29 June 03 7:41 pm

Ahh. Good one Brad. :D That will be handy. Now if you gave it a column of its own, you could sort by travel bug... :wink: Thanks again for all the hard work.

EcoTeam
200 or more found
200 or more found
Twitter: EEVblog

Post by EcoTeam » 01 July 03 9:11 pm

Thanks for all the hard work Brad.
Yes, GPX and LOC import options would be fantastic, and would allow everyone to still use it when GC.com changes formats.
Premimum mebers get GPX files, and regular uses can manually download LOC files (how we used to do it back in the old days)

EcoDave :)