Mapsend streets and destinations NSW

Discussion about software such as GSAK, OziExplorer etc, as well as all things hardware, GPSrs, laptops, PDAs, paperless caching, cables etc
Jedda

Mapsend streets and destinations NSW

Post by Jedda » 13 May 03 1:52 pm

As most people who use this would know, the mapsend NSW product is a very unfinished product with a lot of missing data :x (like the fact that the pacific highway vanishes up around coffs harbour and becomes a 4WD track :shock: ).
It has come to my attention (through magellan australia)that a "finished" product will become available in the next couple of months. If you own a copy of the product and still have the reciept, you can get a replacement copy from magellan Australia. If you wish to discuss this with them, the Phone No. to tech support is 1902292019, but be warned that magellan is charging $1/min to use this No. My call took about 3 minutes, and be warned, dont start swearing when the voice comes on to tell you about it like I did, then find yourself swearing at the tech guy when he answers the phone straight away :oops:
Alternatively you can send an email with your name and contact info(phone No.s) to:.... j.beltran@magellan.com.au
I will try to find out when it becomes available asap and post a message here..

leek
250 or more caches found
250 or more caches found

Post by leek » 13 May 03 11:37 pm

Some time ago, I questioned the inaccuracies in the current version of MapSend and Jason Beltran told me that there would be a new version in about 6 weeks (or whenever the Americans felt like releasing it) and that he would send me a complimentary copy when it was available... So far, he hasn't asked for a receipt or anything... According to his timing, it should be available before the end of May...

alex
1550 or more caches found
1550 or more caches found

Post by alex » 14 May 03 1:24 am

Latest update I have heard is "end of June" . I gather the data has gone back to the states for final processing.

Jedda

Post by Jedda » 20 July 03 8:48 pm

Why delete my post?, surely people deserve to know whats going on with this software before they spend a lot of money on it

Sandy Feet
350 ? I am the lizard queen
350 ? I am the lizard queen

Post by Sandy Feet » 21 July 03 11:17 am

I now have a copy of the latest product, it covers the whole of Australia on the one disk instead of a disk for each State. I have found it quite a bit better than the original Mapsend but there are still inacuracies such as there are only 3 suburbs in Cairns.

Magellan are doing a deal with those who bought Mapsend, if you return an original CD, the new version costs $99.00 if you return 2 original states they supply the new version for free.

To buy the new version which is called DiscoverAus Street and Tracks you will pay @250.00.

leek
250 or more caches found
250 or more caches found

Post by leek » 22 July 03 9:09 pm

Not sure why you're post was deleted Jedda... but I agree... People should be aware that there are some problems with the initial release of this software and they are under investigation by Magellan... <br>Some people don't seem to have a problem (e.g. Maccamob), but a lot of people are experiencing severe lags in the mapping display on the GPSr... when driving, this can result in your position being displayed as about 50m from where you actually are... <br><br>

Hopefully there'll be a fix soon, but in the meantime, the extra detail on the PC mapping software makes it much easier to plan cache-hunts (not that I've done much actual cache hunting recently)...<br><br>

for more details on the problems, see http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Magellan_Meridian