programming a garmin gps

Discussion about software such as GSAK, OziExplorer etc, as well as all things hardware, GPSrs, laptops, PDAs, paperless caching, cables etc
tim da sparky

programming a garmin gps

Post by tim da sparky » 05 August 13 4:50 pm

can any body please tell me if you can program a garmin gpsmap 60Cx without having to download geocaching files to my computer, ie how can I put the co-ordinates in so I can use my gps for geocaching, I can't figure out how to do it
Thanks
Tim

Richary
8000 or more caches found
8000 or more caches found

Re: programming a garmin gps

Post by Richary » 05 August 13 11:13 pm

I've got one around somewhere, but as so much of my caching is opportunistic I just use the phone that has all NSW/ACT caches loaded in. Haven't turned it on for about 6 months.

So from memory, just get to the menu option that says Mark -> Waypoint, which will show you the current location. You can then edit the coords to whatever is desired. Move the cursor to the lat/lon and just edit it.

Can't even locate the device now (girlfriend has just done a cleanup so who knows where it has been put).

Alansee
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.

Re: programming a garmin gps

Post by Alansee » 08 August 13 12:47 pm

You either put them in manually (very slow and prone to errors) or you use an interface, commonly called a computer, to download lots and lots at the same time.

Having done both, I know which I would rather do.