iPhone Geosphere

Discussion about software such as GSAK, OziExplorer etc, as well as all things hardware, GPSrs, laptops, PDAs, paperless caching, cables etc
Richary
8000 or more caches found

iPhone Geosphere

Post by Richary » 05 April 13 10:40 pm

Anyone else using this? It''s been a great app as it allows me to download caches from other sites such as GCA rather than just using the GC app.

Since the latest download though it refuses to recognise GCA caches I have found as being found and still displays them as unfound. Gone through all the settings and can't work out where to fix the problem. It's obviously picking up the found attribute from GC GPS files, but not from GCA, and I can't work out where to enter my caching name to see if that matches it for a find.

The previous version used to work, but I can't now of course load it to see what settings I might have had that worked.

ClockworkLemon
1 or more caches found
1 or more caches found

Re: iPhone Geosphere

Post by ClockworkLemon » 06 April 13 10:39 am

I have the same issue since I installed the latest update. Even though my find logs show in the list of logs, none of the caches I've found are showing as found.

Richary

Post by Richary » 06 April 13 6:13 pm

I've just created an account on the Geosphere support forum and asked there, so if I find anything out I will post it here.

Richary

Post by Richary » 09 April 13 11:00 pm

Mark who wrote the software has analysed the GCA GPX and says the only found indication is in the username in the logs (I am not sure how this differs from a GC GPX download). It also doesn't explain why it changed with the upgrade to version 3.

However he has said he will address this in the next maintenance release of the app due out shortly.

CraigRat
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
Twitter: CraigRat
Facebook: http://facebook.com/CraigRat

Post by CraigRat » 10 April 13 10:47 am

Richary wrote:Mark who wrote the software has analysed the GCA GPX and says the only found indication is in the username in the logs (I am not sure how this differs from a GC GPX download). It also doesn't explain why it changed with the upgrade to version 3.

However he has said he will address this in the next maintenance release of the app due out shortly.
GC GPX uses your user ID number to identify you rather than your username when you look at the GPX, whereas we use the actual username.

Nothing has changed from our end.

To us, our users are more than just a number :lol: :lol: :lol:

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 10 April 13 11:17 am

CraigRat wrote:
Richary wrote:Mark who wrote the software has analysed the GCA GPX and says the only found indication is in the username in the logs (I am not sure how this differs from a GC GPX download). It also doesn't explain why it changed with the upgrade to version 3.

GC GPX uses your user ID number to identify you rather than your username when you look at the GPX, whereas we use the actual username.

Except you, number 700.

Richary

Post by Richary » 10 April 13 9:35 pm

CraigRat wrote: GC GPX uses your user ID number to identify you rather than your username when you look at the GPX, whereas we use the actual username.

I realise that, something must have changed in the app as it used to work fine until the latest version. Oh well, as long as it gets fixed I don't mind.

Found myself at a trig I had already visited the other day :?