GCA Android App - GA Cacher

Discussion about software such as GSAK, OziExplorer etc, as well as all things hardware, GPSrs, laptops, PDAs, paperless caching, cables etc
mtrax

Re: GCA Android App - GA Cacher

Post by mtrax » 13 February 13 10:39 am

ok just upload another release 0.48 which will hopefully help for you Telstra people , if it fails to load google map it will try MapQuest instead which is a OSM provider, hopefully thats not getting blocked too.
it should hit the Market in a few hours.
Paul

geo_jas
3000 or more caches found

Post by geo_jas » 13 February 13 12:45 pm

Just downloaded 0.48 and static map now loads Mapquest OSM map. Perfect!!!

tronador
6500 or more caches found

Post by tronador » 14 February 13 9:09 am

The app keeps crashing since the last 2 updates. Downloads nearest caches then when storing, it forces close of the app. Haven't been able to open it since. Not useable for me at present yet it was working fine before.

mtrax

Post by mtrax » 14 February 13 9:25 am

tronador wrote:The app keeps crashing since the last 2 updates. Downloads nearest caches then when storing, it forces close of the app. Haven't been able to open it since. Not useable for me at present yet it was working fine before.
can you install "alogcat" and then run it immediately after the crash then email alogcat output to me or yourself and forward to me.

tronador

Post by tronador » 14 February 13 1:36 pm

mtrax wrote:
tronador wrote:The app keeps crashing since the last 2 updates. Downloads nearest caches then when storing, it forces close of the app. Haven't been able to open it since. Not useable for me at present yet it was working fine before.
can you install "alogcat" and then run it immediately after the crash then email alogcat output to me or yourself and forward to me.
Ah...... I'm sorry but I have no idea what you are talking about. Is this something that needs to be installed?

mark_rattigan
800 or more hollow logs searched
800 or more hollow logs searched
Twitter: m_ratt

Post by mark_rattigan » 14 February 13 7:17 pm

tronador wrote:
mtrax wrote:
Ah...... I'm sorry but I have no idea what you are talking about. Is this something that needs to be installed?
Yes, that's what he meant by 'can you install "alogcat"'.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... tb.alogcat

Then run it immediately after you experience a crash, and send the output through to mtrax.

mtrax

Post by mtrax » 15 February 13 7:22 pm

There looks like some event happened which has scrolled off the log file.
you can also try un-install and re-install , perhaps its some corrupted files which are causing the issue.

mtrax

Post by mtrax » 17 February 13 2:03 pm

Good news Tronador,
I've managed to re-create the issue and have a fix coded , I'll be pushing the update out after some testing soon.

mtrax

Post by mtrax » 26 February 13 7:24 am

A minor update posted yesterday , now when you use the Load-1 Button for a cache it will indicate if you have found it now, was regressed with the last update now GCA API supports this feature.
Note only the Load-1 feature will show your found status, ie if you setup to load ALL or found caches with the Nearby the found status isn't available directly but it should detect this when loading Find logs.

fluffyfish
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!

Post by fluffyfish » 16 April 13 9:43 pm

I'm new to GA Cacher and was wondering whether there was a way to find caches in 'your possession'? I've got a cache that I've moved from the East Coast. When I want to move it tonight, how do I find it in Ga Cahcer?

tronador

Post by tronador » 16 April 13 9:55 pm

Click on load on the home page and put in the .ga code.

mtrax

Post by mtrax » 16 April 13 10:32 pm

fluffyfish wrote:I'm new to GA Cacher and was wondering whether there was a way to find caches in 'your possession'? I've got a cache that I've moved from the East Coast. When I want to move it tonight, how do I find it in Ga Cahcer?
Yes just tap the load 1 Button and enter the code when prompted

geo_jas

Post by geo_jas » 16 April 13 10:38 pm

If you logged it as found using the app you can find it by using the history button on the main page. Long press on it in the list to get the option to view details.

mtrax

Post by mtrax » 28 August 14 10:55 am

I know its been a long time but just pushed out a new release.. with mainly some UI changes and move to Google Maps V2.
I have bumped the minimum android release to Gingerbread V2.3 which is about 5 years ago so hopefully this won't impact most people.

Change log
==========
* updates to UI added action bar icons
* using new Google Maps V2 API
* minor bug fixes and enhancements
* History now includes your last 10 GCA logs
* History now includes your recently viewed geocaches

nutwood

Post by nutwood » 29 August 14 3:45 pm

mtrax wrote:I have bumped the minimum android release to Gingerbread V2.3 which is about 5 years ago so hopefully this won't impact most people.
Unless one has a Garmin A50, which stopped updating at 2.1. :cry:
I think I'm safe though, it won't try and upgrade without me doing something will it? :shock: