Uniden UHF radio help/component needed

Discussion about software such as GSAK, OziExplorer etc, as well as all things hardware, GPSrs, laptops, PDAs, paperless caching, cables etc
mark_rattigan
800 or more hollow logs searched
800 or more hollow logs searched
Twitter: m_ratt

Re:

Post by mark_rattigan » 13 April 13 1:01 am

SteelRat wrote:After e:mailing a request for a multi-button reset method to Uniden, I was sent a reply asking me to call a specific tech on a specific number. After describing the problem to him, he advised me to send him the unit for him to reset AT NO CHARGE :shock: , even though warranty has long expired. I have sent him the unit by registered post, with a likely return date within 2-3 weeks :D . My faith in corporate customer service has been restored. The tech is a bloody legend 8) .
I had a similar experience with a UH720SX roughly 4 years ago. Radio could transmit, but seemed to be in monitor mode, however without outputting sound.
The unit was out of warranty, so I posted it to the Uniden repair (agent?) in Sydney for a repair quote.
It came back 2 weeks later repaired, without charge. :)

On a similar note, would anyone know where I could source a replacemen channel select rotary knob for a long obsolete UH012?