Garmin Oregon GPS "can't authenticate maps" - Help!

Discussion about software such as GSAK, OziExplorer etc, as well as all things hardware, GPSrs, laptops, PDAs, paperless caching, cables etc
Skippy

Re: Garmin Oregon GPS "can't authenticate maps" - Help!

Post by Skippy » 30 October 12 11:47 pm

I prefer the CD version of Garmin maps , I often look at where I have been to by uploading my track log from the GPSr , I know exactly how fast I was traveling at any part of my journey. Good when you want to know how fast you just drove through a radar camera

If you can't swap the CD for the sd card version then I can help you with the installation .

Rock-hopper
2500 or more caches found

Post by Rock-hopper » 31 October 12 8:00 am

Skippy wrote:I prefer the CD version of Garmin maps , I often look at where I have been to by uploading my track log from the GPSr , I know exactly how fast I was traveling at any part of my journey. Good when you want to know how fast you just drove through a radar camera

If you can't swap the CD for the sd card version then I can help you with the installation .

Thanks Skippy, I'd appreciate your help. I've tried everything I can, so maybe you can talk me through it. Maybe through PM's? I'm off to work now, back this evening.

Rock-hopper

Post by Rock-hopper » 31 October 12 7:49 pm

Rock-hopper wrote:
Skippy wrote:I prefer the CD version of Garmin maps , I often look at where I have been to by uploading my track log from the GPSr , I know exactly how fast I was traveling at any part of my journey. Good when you want to know how fast you just drove through a radar camera

Thanks Skippy, I'd appreciate your help. I've tried everything I can, so maybe you can talk me through it. Maybe through PM's? I'm off to work now, back this evening.

Ahhh.... problem fixed! Garmin eventually told me to use Garmin Map Install, which I downloaded and it sent the maps to the sd card, and so far so good! :D

Thank you to everyone who helped - I appreciate it greatly!!!