myGarmin ID for Basecamp

Discussion about software such as GSAK, OziExplorer etc, as well as all things hardware, GPSrs, laptops, PDAs, paperless caching, cables etc
noikmeister
5000 or more caches found
5000 or more caches found

myGarmin ID for Basecamp

Post by noikmeister » 08 October 12 8:37 pm

Hi,

I'm playing with Garmin Adventures. The only issue is that I can't work out my "myGarmin" ID. I sign in on the Garmin web site with my email address or Facebook, but Basecamp insist on a myGarmin ID and none of the combinations that I sign into the web site with will work.

Does anyone know how to work out what the myGarmin ID is?

Cheers,
Jeremy.

The Swaggies
3000 or more caches found
3000 or more caches found

Re: myGarmin ID for Basecamp

Post by The Swaggies » 12 October 12 10:05 pm

You may have to have a valid Basecamp subscription for it to work!

Just signing into the Garmin website will not work.

I had a subscription for a year and then relinquished it and now cannot reload my original Garmin maps on to my Oregon 300. Well I can but it only shows the main streets but not the side streets. No amount of resetting it back to default will solve this problem, so now I have an Oregon 300 that is only useful for point to point walking and not for navigating to any minor side streets. :(

In the end I bought a Dakota 20 and tossed the Oregon in the drawer along with the nuvi 1450T (but that is another story). So if you experiment with Basecamp, just make sure it is not on your main GPS.

And if you can solve my problem that would be great. Cheers