GSAK & Geocaching.com Caches.

Discussion about software such as GSAK, OziExplorer etc, as well as all things hardware, GPSrs, laptops, PDAs, paperless caching, cables etc
nomadroger

GSAK & Geocaching.com Caches.

Post by nomadroger » 26 August 12 10:15 pm

](*,) G'day , I am a bit frustrated in my attempts to include the Geocaching.com caches into my Route when I try to save as a GPX file. I know it says that it will only save the geocaching.com.au caches as a .GPX file.
Is there any way of creating a route & saving all the caches in a GPX file?

tronador
6500 or more caches found
6500 or more caches found

Re: GSAK & Geocaching.com Caches.

Post by tronador » 26 August 12 10:24 pm

Are your GC pocket queries in GSAK???? GCA queries will only download GA caches and their gpx files. If you have both in GSAK you can create a route using the polygon/line drawing tool under Tools.

ian-and-penny
10000 or more caches found

Post by ian-and-penny » 26 August 12 10:25 pm

Depends on how you are creating your route, which site you do it from, what caches are in your GSAK database, GSAK version, etc.

Can you please provide some more information on how you are currently doing your route planning?

ian-and-penny

Post by ian-and-penny » 26 August 12 10:37 pm

Following on: have you tried the excellent GSAK macro "GetCachesOnRoute.gsk", available from the Macro Library?

nomadroger

Post by nomadroger » 26 August 12 10:55 pm

Thanks for the comments. At the moment I am creating a kml file with google maps, then going to geocaching au to populate it with caches.
I can get all the caches up But it will only save it's own site caches to GPX. I understand this. What I want to do, is, make a route Say... Mt Gambier to Bendigo, with a corridor of 1 km each side of the road.
I then want to populate it with the caches available & download as a .GPX file to put on my Magellan Explorist 510.
I am a premium member of Ceocaching.com.
Hope that helps.
Thanks
Roger

PS Getting latest GSAK & the Macro now. Thanks for the info

ian-and-penny

Post by ian-and-penny » 26 August 12 11:15 pm

You can use the macro to either populate a database with caches from gc.com or flag caches already in your database that are along your route.

I suggest you populate a database with GCA caches then run the macro twice. Once to load the GC caches into your database, then the second time to filter for the caches you want.

Optionally you could then set the user flag for these caches. You can then filter for flagged caches later.

The list should now be a mix of both GC and GCA caches. Use the GPS > Send Waypoints to GPS from within GSAK to send these to your GPS.

<Edited to refine the suggested procedure.>

nomadroger

Post by nomadroger » 27 August 12 10:16 pm

Ian & Penny. Thank You.
Happily doing my trips now. Lovely. I save them to the Computer & then copy to my SD card in the Magellan. Working Perfectly.