Maps Calibration for Ozi

Discussion about software such as GSAK, OziExplorer etc, as well as all things hardware, GPSrs, laptops, PDAs, paperless caching, cables etc
VKC1SR
500 or more caches logged

Maps Calibration for Ozi

Post by VKC1SR » 09 November 04 10:33 pm

Hiya all!!
I have a copy of the CFA Maps for Victoria on 2 CD's.
I have tried calibrating a CFA Fire map by using the grid on the map
(which I assume is AGD66) and loading both WGS84 and AGD66 logged
tracks. Both are out by the 200 odd metres NE/SW that would be
expected.
I noticed on a forum somewhere.. but I cannot remember where... that people have the .map files for these maps already calibrated.
Does anyone know where I can get a copy of these .map files so that I can use these maps on OziExplorer and not get the 200M difference??

Any help greatly appreciated!!

Nich
VKC1SR

Map Monkey
1050 or more caches found
1050 or more caches found

Post by Map Monkey » 09 November 04 11:32 pm

Hi VKC1SR,

You may have seen the answer in the Oziexplorer user group :wink: at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/OziUsers-L/ . If you are a member, check out the message at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/OziUsers-L/message/20377 for all your answers.

More than likely, if they are NOT brand-spanking new productions then they should be AGD66 (which btw is damn near close enough to AGD84, vice versa). It really doesn't matter which you choose.........

BTW what is an AGD66 logged track :? All tracks and waypoints are stored in WGS84 and uploaded/downloaded in WGS84.

If you can't get the .map files try Ausiron (ABCD-AU) on the Ozi Group for them.....He has offered them on the ozi group.

Regards

Agsmky

VKC1SR

Post by VKC1SR » 10 November 04 1:12 am

G'Day agsmky,
thanks for the reply.. I shall have a squizz and email that bloke if I get into trouble.
As for the logged track comment.. just ignore that.. having a blonde moment whilst typing and trying to do too many things at once.

Take care!!

VKC1SR