Cache mate on android

Discussion about software such as GSAK, OziExplorer etc, as well as all things hardware, GPSrs, laptops, PDAs, paperless caching, cables etc
tronador
6500 or more caches found

Cache mate on android

Post by tronador » 16 July 11 11:30 pm

I have been using Cachemate on my ipaq pocket pc, for many years and I have just installed the cachemate app on my android phone. It is free, you just need a new rego no. if you have already purchased the program for a pocket pc.
I know a lot of cachers use C;geo and yes I have that too, but I have a prepaid phone and do not want to use the 3G network to download data it is too expensive.
So i will trial cachemate on the phone... it may load faster than the pocket pc BUT...... how do I put the GPX files into Cache mate, where do they go??????
I need cachemate to read the cache pages, as my GPS does not have this info.

tronador

Re: Cache mate on android

Post by tronador » 16 July 11 11:38 pm

Never mind I've :D figured it out.

CraigRat
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
Twitter: CraigRat
Facebook: http://facebook.com/CraigRat

Post by CraigRat » 17 July 11 11:36 am

For those using cachemate: If you want GCA GPX files to work in cachemate you'll need to use the 1.0 version.

I've spoken to the dev to get it to support the 1.0.1 (GC compatible format) but he was less than enthusiastic about fixing it.

I don't think he's actively developing the app any more (Last update was in 2010)

tronador

Post by tronador » 17 July 11 10:43 pm

CraigRat wrote:For those using cachemate: If you want GCA GPX files to work in cachemate you'll need to use the 1.0 version.

I've spoken to the dev to get it to support the 1.0.1 (GC compatible format) but he was less than enthusiastic about fixing it.

I don't think he's actively developing the app any more (Last update was in 2010)
GCA GPX files work fine in Cachemate on the Android. I just export from GSAK onto the phone and voila........ everything is just brilliant.
Can't tell the difference. This program loads really fast on the phone compared to the pocket PC. :D :D