c:geo to stop further development

Discussion about software such as GSAK, OziExplorer etc, as well as all things hardware, GPSrs, laptops, PDAs, paperless caching, cables etc
Zalgariath
5500 or more caches found
5500 or more caches found

Re: c:geo to stop further development

Post by Zalgariath » 10 July 11 4:21 am

Tried c:geo today and it is pretty good, the live feed is handy... but god is it SLOW... I felt like I was waiting for everything from the map, to cache pages, to the compass. Plus I found the compass as dopey as drunk 3-legged wombat that had been dropped on its head too many time. It could never make up its mind which direction point. I think I'll stick with Geobeagle, in the rare cases I need a live feed it can do it and is 5 times faster if not perhaps as feature rich.

Laighside Legends
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Post by Laighside Legends » 21 August 11 9:38 pm

Today an update to both of the c:geos was released on the market! :shock:
The new one has been fixed to reflect the website changes
The old one (which I didn't download) just has "Final release" in the update notes :shock:

Any ideas? :-k

PirateRock
950 or more random things achieved
950 or more random things achieved

Post by PirateRock » 21 August 11 10:05 pm

Laighside Legends wrote:Today an update to both of the c:geos was released on the market! :shock:
The new one has been fixed to reflect the website changes
The old one (which I didn't download) just has "Final release" in the update notes :shock:

Any ideas? :-k
The new version (c:geo - opensource) I think was a nightly build that corrected changes that were made to the website. The old version (c:geo) is just canero (original author) tying up his involvement.