E-Trex Rubber Surround

Discussion about software such as GSAK, OziExplorer etc, as well as all things hardware, GPSrs, laptops, PDAs, paperless caching, cables etc
jusojara
3000 or more caches found

E-Trex Rubber Surround

Post by jusojara » 25 May 11 6:16 pm

Does anyone know where I can get a new rubber surround for my E-Trex? I saw them on JA's website a little while ago and seem to remember that you could drop in or send in your GPSr and they would fit it, but when I called them today (as I am going up to Sydney in a weeks time) the person who answered did not seem to know what I was talking about.

I went back and now can't find them on their website so perhaps they don't stock them any more?

McPhan
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Re: E-Trex Rubber Surround

Post by McPhan » 25 May 11 7:53 pm

McPhan wrote:I contacted Garmin by email and asked about repairing the loose strip on my yellow etrex myself.

They wanted me to send the unit back for repair and would charge me $84 -.

I replied that it was a bit rich to ask me to cough up half the units price just to replace/repair the rubber strip. I offered to pay for the kit.

This reply came back "After confirmation from our Q.A. department, the rubber protective strip around the outside of the unit is free of charge.
We will send it to you for free and the repair manual. So please advise me your shipping address."

. The kit came (from Singapore?) a couple of days later.

Jessica.Liao@garmin.com is who I dealt with. (It was discussed in UK forums about length of time for replies. Persevere and follow up through the Garmin website if needed.)
That was 2007.

Richary
8000 or more caches found

Post by Richary » 25 May 11 11:46 pm

I got one from alex in Adelaide (Cartographics) for about $5 a few years back.

jusojara

Post by jusojara » 27 May 11 9:24 am

Thanks for your responses. I got the second last one from Cartographics, apparently Garmin are not supplying them any longer.

Odd since they still sell the units new and I would assume these will develop the same problem :?: ](*,)

Bewilderbeest
2000 or more caches found
2000 or more caches found

Post by Bewilderbeest » 27 May 11 3:14 pm

jusojara wrote:Thanks for your responses. I got the second last one from Cartographics, apparently Garmin are not supplying them any longer.

Odd since they still sell the units new and I would assume these will develop the same problem :?: ](*,)
Maybe they've sourced better quality rubber/adhesive and the problem has gone away?

A bit of superglue did the job when mine came adrift (not under the bit that goes over the buttons, though!)

Richary

Post by Richary » 27 May 11 6:47 pm

Bewilderbeest wrote:
jusojara wrote:Thanks for your responses. I got the second last one from Cartographics, apparently Garmin are not supplying them any longer.

Maybe they've sourced better quality rubber/adhesive and the problem has gone away?
I doubt that, my 60cx is starting to develop the same problem.