Garmin Asus A50 - Software

Discussion about software such as GSAK, OziExplorer etc, as well as all things hardware, GPSrs, laptops, PDAs, paperless caching, cables etc
Cached
2500 or more caches found
2500 or more caches found

Re: Garmin Asus A50 - Software

Post by Cached » 13 January 11 1:56 pm

Have rooted my 2.1 nuviphone, removed the optusbloat, and installed adfree android.

I am also having garmin crashes, so going to use the Parrots method of adding caches rather than direct from GSAK.

Nabarlek
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found

Post by Nabarlek » 20 January 11 3:07 pm

geohunter doesn't like me :? It refuses to upload anything. I did a complete reinstall of the application and when I try to sync it says "Error reading file 'Could not list directory /sdcard/downloads'. GeoBeagle on the other hand has no problems at all. I have double checked the name of the file etc etc and it's all good. No idea what the problem is. I don't mind Geobeagle but for some reason the hints don't show up...and I need them sometimes :)

and now we're back to the whole Garmin Services are Temperarily Unavailable bs ](*,)
not going to be happy if this happens everytime I update the gpx files.

Edit: Master reset and redownloaded everything and we're back to where we were =D> Geohunter is still not wanting to sync from the sd card but GeoBeagle works fine. Not sure what is wrong with Geohunter :( My garmin services thing seems to be an issue when connecting to the pc. Not sure why...sometimes it's all good...sometimes it's not.

Edit again: spoke too soon....it's back again :(

Taiko'sFamily

Post by Taiko'sFamily » 20 January 11 8:18 pm

i am having same issue so it is probably an issue with all of them.

covert
150 or more caches found
150 or more caches found

Post by covert » 20 January 11 8:23 pm

How many items are in your "Saved Locations" ?

Zalgariath
5500 or more caches found

Post by Zalgariath » 20 January 11 9:24 pm

Make sure you call Garmin Australia to report the issue about the Garmin Services Error... it is obviously widespread yet when I called up they had never heard of it. It has to be a software error due to the last platform upgrade. The more people who report it, the more likely they will fixed :D

Taiko'sFamily

Post by Taiko'sFamily » 20 January 11 10:37 pm

sorry for brief post earlier - had a wriggly baby on my knee. So I was having the same problem with Geobeagle and I uninstalled it and reformatted the SD card. I have been playing with GeoHunter this evening and it is working ok for me, I uploaded the caches using Bcaching email rather than getting out my sd card again and everything seems ok, a little slow to work out maps though.

Zalgariath

Post by Zalgariath » 21 January 11 6:37 am

I have 80,000 caches uploaded to Geobeagle and it is working great. It was a GSAK export of every cache in the British Isles and all the Child WP's... bringing the total to 110,000+ I was having Garmin Services issues before I installed anything. (Even after a hard reset). As soon as I upgraded to 2.2 I could no longer use the garmin maps. However being in Europe this hasnt worried me as I cant use the Aussie maps anyway!

covert
150 or more caches found
150 or more caches found

Post by covert » 21 January 11 10:47 am

To clear all Saved locations.

Settings->Application Managment->Manage Applications->Save Locations Storage->Clear Data

Solved the Black screen and waiting forever for garmin to load up problem for me.

covert
150 or more caches found
150 or more caches found

Post by covert » 21 January 11 10:47 am

Zalgariath wrote:As soon as I upgraded to 2.2 I could no longer use the garmin maps.
Where did you get the 2.2 update from ?

Nabarlek
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found

Post by Nabarlek » 21 January 11 11:08 am

Did a master reset and downloaded everything again and it's all working well again :-k I don't have an active sim card in mine as I use it only as a gps. I use saved locations as my way of in-car navigation as navigation from geobeagle and geohunter doesn't work for me unless I have an active sim in. I don't mind....as long as I can get to the cache I'm happy :)

Have called Garmin and reported the issue.

Briggbottoms
1 or more caches found
1 or more caches found

Post by Briggbottoms » 21 January 11 1:18 pm

Nabarlek wrote:Did a master reset and downloaded everything again and it's all working well again :-k I don't have an active sim card in mine as I use it only as a gps. I use saved locations as my way of in-car navigation as navigation from geobeagle and geohunter doesn't work for me unless I have an active sim in. I don't mind....as long as I can get to the cache I'm happy :)
I have installed GPS Status (and use the Radar that comes with it) and found that GeoHunter -> List -> Select_a_cache -> (goes to compass view) -> press compass arrow launches Radar with the destination point as a target (labelled with the current time). Then choose Menu -> Show on Map -> Default Map -> Go, you should have an uncle called Robert somewhere 8)

Cheers,
Briggbottoms

ps. Importing zip compressed gpx files stops Saved Locations filling up with every cache GeoHunter knows about, having many Saved Locations is really a slow down for the Garmin Maps navigator.

Zalgariath

Post by Zalgariath » 21 January 11 9:29 pm

covert wrote:
Zalgariath wrote:As soon as I upgraded to 2.2 I could no longer use the garmin maps.
Where did you get the 2.2 update from ?
:oops: Typo - 2.1 :D

Nabarlek
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found

Post by Nabarlek » 22 January 11 11:22 am

Thanks Briggbottoms! I didn't know I could do it that way...makes it sooooo much easier :)

Still having a few problems. Interestingly enough those problems seem to relate to geocaching australia files only. Geohunter seems to be having trouble loading them...it gets to a certain point then crashes.

Edit: ok got it all working. Any files from Geocaching.com I can just drop into my sd card as zip files and it all works. Geocaching Australia files for some reason :-k need to be passed through gsak first before they don't cause geohunter to crash. Wierd...but it works so I'm not complaining. I immediately delete all saved locations and do what Briggbottoms suggested.
Happy again...so are the kids. Although our day of geocaching has actually been spent listening to mum grumble and thump things 8-[ Have promised to make it up to them with a big day of caching :)

Briggbottoms
1 or more caches found
1 or more caches found

Post by Briggbottoms » 23 January 11 12:51 am

Nabarlek wrote: Still having a few problems. Interestingly enough those problems seem to relate to geocaching australia files only. Geohunter seems to be having trouble loading them...it gets to a certain point then crashes.
What GPX version do you have set at http://geocaching.com.au/my/settings/?

I tried 1.1 with GeoHunter and had no luck but 1.0 works without touching the files with GSAK. I am still planning on trying 1.1 with c:geo (because GPX version 1.0 from GCA doesn't work with that app :roll: )

Cheers,
Briggbottoms

CraigRat
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
Twitter: CraigRat
Facebook: http://facebook.com/CraigRat

Post by CraigRat » 23 January 11 9:53 am

Briggbottoms wrote: I tried 1.1 with GeoHunter and had no luck but 1.0 works without touching the files with GSAK. I am still planning on trying 1.1 with c:geo (because GPX version 1.0 from GCA doesn't work with that app :roll: )
c:geo wont work with ANY version outside of gc's format. you'll need to go thru gsak to get it to work OR contact the dev of the app.

Geohunter and geobeagle are written around the 1.0 format. If I get time I'll see if i can work out how to get them to support 1.1 and submit a patch to the devs of those apps

1.0 is the most supported format as its the one all the opencaching network sites use for their gpx format too, so more apps do/will support it in the future.