Garmin Asus A50 - Software

Discussion about software such as GSAK, OziExplorer etc, as well as all things hardware, GPSrs, laptops, PDAs, paperless caching, cables etc
cantanga
650 or more caches found
650 or more caches found

Re: Garmin Asus A50 - Software

Post by cantanga » 24 January 11 11:36 am

Briggbottoms wrote: ps. Importing zip compressed gpx files stops Saved Locations filling up with every cache GeoHunter knows about, having many Saved Locations is really a slow down for the Garmin Maps navigator.
Alternatively you can download the GPX file directly to anywhwere on the phone other then the GPX folder. It seems on mine that the garmin software only detects the GPX files in that folder.

Zalgariath
5500 or more caches found

Post by Zalgariath » 30 January 11 5:40 am

Oh For Firetrucks Sake! :stabby

Today, for no apparent reason whatsoever, my Music player decided to tell me there was no music on my A50.. despite having been running well for a month with no changes made. The typical answer I found to this was "Hard Reset"

So I used the Garmin backup... made a list of all my apps just in case... removed my SD card and did the dreaded Hold Left D-Pad Maneuver. It reset and guess what... still doesnt work. Despite my file manager assuring me the data is there, and being able to play the songs (one at a time) off the SD card no app Ive tried can find them. THEN the Garmin Restore function decided that once it gets to 99% it will crash EVERY time telling me to there is no connection to my device... then how the SMEG did you do the 1st 99%? :evil:

So on top of that Ive had to re-sync Geobeagle... which with 120,000 way points takes HOURS, reinstall all my apps, reset up all my email accounts, re-customise my settings, and 6 hours after I started am back to exactly where I started.

Plus all this every 30 mins I get some form of error message saying "such and such" garmin process has had to Force Shut. NONE of the garmin features... you know, like the Navigation, just a small thing... work at all giving me the "Garmin Services are temporarily unavailable" error... and I am in Ireland and cant even take the damn thing back to get it replaced.

Honestly Ive never encountered buggier software on a commercial product. Not Happy Jan :stabby ](*,) :stabby :evil: :evil: :stabby ](*,) :evil: [-(

Zalgariath

Post by Zalgariath » 30 January 11 9:21 pm

So Ive managed to trouble shoot the issue to communication between the phone and the SD card (as usaul).

After transferring one artist to the internal memory and rebooting this morning that artist appear on the playlist again.

The issue seems to be with the running process MediaScannerService which is supposed to hunt for music files... will call garmin monday morning to see what they say.

Zalgariath

Post by Zalgariath » 12 July 11 3:13 am

Progress! Annnnnndddd.... Im an idiot and must take back some of the nasty things I said. The maps still arnt working but the reason my music player broke was the Auto Task Killer App. After doing some recommended reading I have changed my phone and uninstalled it. Straight away my media all came back online as it was killing stuff it shouldnt have which disrupted the communication from my phone to my SD Card \:D/

Have a read of this Article on Auto Killers and you'll see what changed my mind on the issue.