Oregon 450t - first outing

Discussion about software such as GSAK, OziExplorer etc, as well as all things hardware, GPSrs, laptops, PDAs, paperless caching, cables etc
Agent Basil
2500 or more caches found

Oregon 450t - first outing

Post by Agent Basil » 20 January 11 8:55 pm

and the result ........

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx ... e62c4e6970

\:D/

an epic DNF which I really can't blame the Oregon for! Before setting off, (before I continue, the manual is %rap!) I experimented with downloading the 1 cache I was going to do directly from GC.com. Download was fine, however it was a puzzle cache which I had solved. I couldn't find a way to update the coordinates with the solved ones. Is it possible ?

I ended up Navigating to coordinates I input. Unfortunately, even with help from cache owner, I couldn't find the WP nor final GZ (I'm not well - its my excuse and I am sticking to it!) so I can't compare its accuracy to the Triton it replaces!

caughtatwork

Re: Oregon 450t - first outing

Post by caughtatwork » 20 January 11 9:00 pm

Agent Basil wrote: I couldn't find a way to update the coordinates with the solved ones. Is it possible ?
Probable best place is the "next stage" co-ordinates. I'm pretty sure you can do that to any cache type.
BUT ...
If you use "next stage" on another cache, the first one is wiped out.
i.e. You can only have 1 "next stage" regardless of how many caches you place a "next stage" onto.

http://garminoregon.wikispaces.com/ is probably the best place to look for answers. As you say the manual is useless.

squalid
2700 or more caches found
2700 or more caches found

Post by squalid » 20 January 11 9:48 pm

You need v4.0 of the software, then you get "enter next stage" as an option while you're seeking a cache. See my post here

Agent Basil

Post by Agent Basil » 20 January 11 10:05 pm

squalid wrote:You need v4.0 of the software, then you get "enter next stage" as an option while you're seeking a cache. See my post here
Thank you for that! With the Triton, software/firmware up grades were automatic. How does it work with Oregon (again, maual basically useless)

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 20 January 11 10:08 pm