Seeking iPAQ guidance ...

Discussion about software such as GSAK, OziExplorer etc, as well as all things hardware, GPSrs, laptops, PDAs, paperless caching, cables etc
langy
600 or more caches found
600 or more caches found

Seeking iPAQ guidance ...

Post by langy » 25 June 04 8:57 pm

All those who are in the know will of course know that I am referring to the dead battery in my iPAQ 3760. :twisted:

I was wondering if anyone has gone through with the ...
Super Do-It-Yourself 2000mAh iPaq Refurb Kit: This Do-It-Yourself iPaq Refurbish Kit includes an upgrade to the new 2000mAh battery that offers twice the capacity of the original OEM battery, new OEM stylus lock assembly, kapton anti-static tape to seal the screen along with very detailed instructions and all the tools needed to perform the refurb (T6 Torx / 00 Phillips). Don't settle for returning your iPaq back to new condition, make it better than new!
available from iPAQRepair.com $US94 + shipping 8)

I am also interested to know if anyone has found an Aussie supplier. :idea:

TIA :lol:

Langy!
Geocache Responsibly!

embi
400 or more spectacular views seen
400 or more spectacular views seen

Post by embi » 26 June 04 2:00 am

I have the same problem with my Palm Vx....a dead battery

Team Piggy

Post by Team Piggy » 26 June 04 12:08 pm

?? My Ipaq is happy as larry !

I get 5+ days standby, and can use it for around 3.5-4 hours (with Extra battery Jacket on), or over 2 hours with Ipaq battery alone.

Have a look on Ebay, there was some nice Ipaq cases that included a CF jacket and a 2800 mah battery inbuilt.
This might be the perfect fixit.

binns1012
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found

Post by binns1012 » 26 June 04 4:12 pm

Have a look on Ebay, there was some nice Ipaq cases that included a CF jacket and a 2800 mah battery inbuilt.
This might be the perfect fixit.[/quote]

also check this out http://www.expansys.com.au/product.asp?code=NEXIPAK001 a twin cf + battery
regards Tony

Ebenezer
150 or more caches found
150 or more caches found

Post by Ebenezer » 28 June 04 6:50 pm

I am assuming this model of ipaq has a non-replacable internal battery? Mine (ipaq 2210) has a replacable battery should this ever be needed. I also have a cable (from GPSOZ) that connects my eTrex to my ipaq, and also the car's cigarette lighter socket to power both.

hardunits
200 or more found
200 or more found

Post by hardunits » 28 June 04 9:14 pm

My iPaq battery has died too. At the moment it doesn't seem to want to take any charge at all and is completely dead. Any ideas?

This has happend in the past and it eventually started to take a charge. Doesn't seem to want to play this time.

EDIT: Well After sitting there for two days it has finally responded and started charging. Weird. Still need to get a new battery/backpack though.

leek
250 or more caches found
250 or more caches found

Post by leek » 01 July 04 5:30 pm

I haven't tried this myself, but have heard that it fixes situations where the battery seems to charge, but only holds a charge for a short time...

If you can remove the battery, try putting it in the freezer overnight... After removing let it warm up to room temp and then fully recharge. Apparently this can refresh a tired battery...

Varuna
2350 or more caches found
2350 or more caches found

Post by Varuna » 01 July 04 7:31 pm

embi wrote:I have the same problem with my Palm Vx....a dead battery
<br>If it was a flat battery - it will solve the problem if you take and carry an emergency charger (model:DECP5) with you. Easy-carrying; Charger for Palm V & Vx, and IBM WorkPadc3; Alkaline battery AAAx2; Low battery defect function;being used and charged at the same time; two brand new AAA batteries can be charged two to three times: Period of charging:4 hours (from empty to fulfilled). Emergency charger can be purchased from eBay from around $10.00~<br>If it was a dead battery - that's another story

langy
600 or more caches found
600 or more caches found

Problem Solvered!

Post by langy » 07 July 04 2:54 am

I found an Aussie supplier for iPAQ 3XX0 batteries!

http://www.mobilepower.com.au

Price $133.85 - express post platinum shipping included!

Did the operation myself - patient is now recovering but doing fine.

Thanks for all the helpful tips

Langy!