Garmin map60c help please.

Discussion about software such as GSAK, OziExplorer etc, as well as all things hardware, GPSrs, laptops, PDAs, paperless caching, cables etc
belford1

Garmin map60c help please.

Post by belford1 » 23 May 04 11:19 am

Hi we have an etrex and use easy gps but it wont recognise our new garmin map60c which we use with a usb port.

We have tried under preferences to add this but it doesnt list our model.

Is there another (free program) to use for downloading waypoints etc and activating the geocaching stuff on the map60c ?
thanks

belford1

Post by belford1 » 23 May 04 2:15 pm

Thanks :) I have uploaded it now - I wasnt sure if it would be compatible but from what I have read and seen here the support is excellent.

I am still having trouble (back to the manual) but I think the most obvious problem is they sent a usb cable not a serial one which will make double the work. For GSAK it says to load the waypoint to map source and then to the gps but when I do that I lose all the previous information stored. More reading I guess. :wink:

Calanque

Post by Calanque » 01 June 04 3:52 am

I had the same problem with the easygps software. What helped was to download the latest version (I assume you did that).

Than, ONLY install the drivers of the 60c and not the waypoint manager software. Then turn your device on and you can find it with easygps. In prefernces highlight the very small box "use usb" than it should work like a charm.

Greetz,
Arnoud