Uploading maps to Garmin Legend

Discussion about software such as GSAK, OziExplorer etc, as well as all things hardware, GPSrs, laptops, PDAs, paperless caching, cables etc
aussiecoder
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found

Post by aussiecoder » 19 November 04 8:31 am

Skippy&lambchops wrote:
I found it might have 80% of roads and tracks and POI isn't up to date.
It depends on what state you live in that determines how much info they put in that state, and in South Australia it won't show you the River Murray, The river stops at the border. thats why we don't have any water it's all dried up :twisted: . Those eastern states pulled the plug on us. :P :P
You've got it around the wrong way, we nicked all the water because the Murry wasn't in our POI database - we figured you didn't think the river was interesting so you didn't need any water for it :shock:

Lucanos

Post by Lucanos » 19 November 04 3:46 pm

Personally, for the kind of use I am planning to put my Garmin Legend through I would be far more appreciative of an Australian version of the Topographic Map Product available for the US.<br>
<br>
I tend to find the Street Directory to be just as easy to use when dealing with Urban Navigation, but I would love to have essentially a copy of the Topographic Maps of Australia loaded into my GPSr.<br>
<br>
Speaking of which, I'm surprised no-one had suggested the OziExplorer product (specifically the CE version for PDA use), which once again has a fairly hefty pricetag if you're not going to use it regularly...

The Garner Family
1100 or more caches found
1100 or more caches found

Post by The Garner Family » 19 November 04 5:51 pm

Actually I thought OziExplorer CE was qutie cheap at only US$30. Considering it does my in car navigation (no routing of course) and my geocaching... I switch over to VitoNavigator when I get close to the cache, but OziExplorer helps me 'see' the way there around the paths/roads etc.

Lucanos

Post by Lucanos » 19 November 04 9:30 pm

I know that the OziExplorer program, by itself, is very cheap.
I meant that the maps, from the Department of "Rip You Off", which show all the contour lines, etc. costs a fair bit (when I last checked).

If it is cheap for both OziExplorer & the Australian Topo Maps, then I may well look at picking them up.