Archived Caches

Discussion about software such as GSAK, OziExplorer etc, as well as all things hardware, GPSrs, laptops, PDAs, paperless caching, cables etc
Team Red Roo
5500 or more caches found
5500 or more caches found

Post by Team Red Roo » 11 November 04 7:08 pm

The Maccamob solution does work, and I have used it in the past, but geo.com still have a responsibility to inform their members that a cache has being archived, and that comes before any other responsibility (ie. to landowners etc) of 'deleteing' or 'archiving' a cache or what ever. <p>Their response to my recent email was to give me the 'bums rush' and point me towards a geo.com forum thread, which I note that they are not replying to at present. After other threads related to archived caches, I noted that about April, Jeremy stated that archived caches would become selectable soon. We're still waiting for them.<p>Unless they become selectable, I for one will not be renewing my geo.com membership. I'll still be caching, and I'll still be using their system and resources, but unless they give me what I expect (notification or selection of archived caches), they won't get paid.

Team Pathfinder
6000 or more caches found
6000 or more caches found

Post by Team Pathfinder » 12 November 04 10:02 am

OT slightly - I have a list of all WA archived caches as I havent deleted them from my watch lists yet.