Bluetooth GPS and Nokia N series

Discussion about software such as GSAK, OziExplorer etc, as well as all things hardware, GPSrs, laptops, PDAs, paperless caching, cables etc
The Spindoctors

Bluetooth GPS and Nokia N series

Post by The Spindoctors » 22 November 08 8:38 pm

I'm looking to try out a Bluetooth GPS receiver with my N80 (stupid thing arrived a week before the N95).

I love the N80 and want to hold onto it a bit longer, but try out some of the bits of GPS software that operate on it.

Before I shell the dollars, will 'any' receiver work? Also, is there anyone looking to offload one, or lend one for a few weeks?

Mr Router
1500 or more caches found
1500 or more caches found

Post by Mr Router » 22 November 08 9:32 pm

Any gps will work once paired ! A bt338 globalstat would be a perfect companion.

ArgusTuft

Re: Bluetooth GPS and Nokia N series

Post by ArgusTuft » 23 November 08 5:41 pm

Spindoc Bob wrote:I'm looking to try out a Bluetooth GPS receiver with my N80 (stupid thing arrived a week before the N95).

I love the N80 and want to hold onto it a bit longer, but try out some of the bits of GPS software that operate on it.

Before I shell the dollars, will 'any' receiver work? Also, is there anyone looking to offload one, or lend one for a few weeks?
Ive got several GPS rx's you can try. One is a GPS watch with Bluetooth output and charger and the other is a vanilla rx'r with Bluetooth o/p and two spare batteries and charger. Both work well with both my laptop running OziExplorer and my Palm Treo 680 running HandMap. You're welcome to try both if you want.

The Hancock Clan
3500 or more caches found
3500 or more caches found

Re: Bluetooth GPS and Nokia N series

Post by The Hancock Clan » 23 November 08 9:25 pm

Spindoc Bob wrote:I'm looking to try out a Bluetooth GPS receiver with my N80 (stupid thing arrived a week before the N95).

We've got a BT338 globalsat just sitting on the shelf doing nothing since we bought the new Oregon. You're more than welcome to borrow it for a few weeks if you like.

The Spindoctors

Post by The Spindoctors » 23 November 08 10:29 pm

Thank you to the replies. I'll corresponding with both and look forward to testing it out.

Cheers one and all.