Discussion about the Geocaching Australia web site
setsujoku
3500 or more caches found
Twitter: BGNWP

Missing Logs [closed]

Post by setsujoku » 22 September 05 12:24 pm

G'day
ive just noticed that my GCA stats are out by about 20 caches, most of which i've found over the last couple of weeks.
I've found 268 on GC, but only 249 on GCA. Now some of those missing ones i only found yesterday, so im not expecting them to have shown up yet.
Is there something that i need to do to fix this?

ideology

Post by ideology » 22 September 05 1:20 pm

we're glad you asked, because we've just got some new functionality working

to import the remaining 19 caches, generate a gpx file of your finds and import it to gca by clicking on "My" in the toolbar of the geocaching australia site and then clicking on "import." if you can't generate a gpx file, please ask and someone might be able to help you.

depending on how we recevied the 249 logs we do know about, there could be some duplicate logs. we try to minimise these, but you can check it by checking your duplicate logs by clicking "My" then "My duplicate logs" if you spot a duplicate log, you can select "Edit" and then "Delete"

please let us know how you go!

setsujoku

Post by setsujoku » 22 September 05 1:39 pm

Looks great to me!!!
Worked a treat. The only logs im missing are ones that are locationless ones based overseas, so i dont expect them to show up.
There were a couple of error messages show up when i imported them, but it didnt have any visible effect on the end result, so all good there.

shaggy
100 or more tracks walked
100 or more tracks walked

Post by shaggy » 22 September 05 2:00 pm

I just gave the wizard a go, i got a few logs that are duplicated, but when i click on the duplicate logs link to remove them, nothing appears on the page.

It seems as though the logs that have issues are a bunch of swampy and leek caches that i found before they were transferred over to GCA.

ie Leek's Stringy.
I've now got two logs in my list
one linking to
http://geocaching.com.au/cache/ga0003

& the other to
http://geocaching.com.au/cache/stringy

setsujoku

Post by setsujoku » 22 September 05 2:12 pm

The only thing that i've noticed that hasnt updated so far is the stats when i select the state (SA) for the month.

If i select all of australia, it shows 40 finds for the month, but once i select SA, it only shows 29.

Im probably just being inpatient, and that table/query hasn't updated or something, but just thought that i should mention it.

crew 153
9000 or more caches found

Post by crew 153 » 22 September 05 4:01 pm

I have two caches missing in my count but I am confused with downloading the GPX file.

If I generate a GPX file of the missing caches and then import it, won't this generate duplicate logs for anyone else who currently has the logs for those cache on GCA?

CraigRat
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
Twitter: CraigRat
Facebook: http://facebook.com/CraigRat

Post by CraigRat » 22 September 05 4:05 pm

crew 153 wrote:I have two caches missing in my count but I am confused with downloading the GPX file.

If I generate a GPX file of the missing caches and then import it, won't this generate duplicate logs for anyone else who currently has the logs for those cache on GCA?
You can export a GPX file from GSAK by going Export>GPX and then select 0 for the number of logs to export, than tick the 'always include my logs'

Then you'll have a gpx file with ONLY your logs in it!!

BTW.. .the import tool will not duplicate existing logs in MOST instances....

crew 153

Post by crew 153 » 22 September 05 4:19 pm

CraigRat wrote: You can export a GPX file from GSAK by going Export>GPX and then select 0 for the number of logs to export, than tick the 'always include my logs'
<br><br>
Thanks I hadn't thought to do it from GSAK.

Richary
8000 or more caches found

Post by Richary » 22 September 05 10:15 pm

The missing ones I seem to have are from an NZ visit about 2 years ago. I found 10-12 from memory. I generated a GC query to get the ones I have found, which shows 6. So I assume the others have since been archived.

Some questions arise.

1 - My logs won't appear in the last 4 for the GSAK download. So I will need to find (easy) and then enter them manually. How do we do that? As the site says they are listed externally and I need to do it there (but already have)

2 - For the archived ones - will they appear on GCA so I can enter logs?

Or is there a really simple way to generate a PQ for all my logs - not that I recall seeing that as an option.

Cheers

Richard

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 22 September 05 10:40 pm

Do you use GSAK?
The instructions for creating a GPX file from GSAK are up there and you can restrict the logs to only yours.

Richary

Post by Richary » 22 September 05 11:20 pm

caughtatwork wrote:Do you use GSAK?
The instructions for creating a GPX file from GSAK are up there and you can restrict the logs to only yours.
<p>Yes, but due to a few PC changes over time I don't have all my original GSAK downloads that show all my logs. So I definitely don't have the logs available to me. I need to grab them off the secondary site and re-enter them if I want them to appear.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 22 September 05 11:29 pm

Oh OK.

If you only have a few then try this one.
Download the GPX file for each cache you need logged.
Load that into GSAK.
Repeat.

Create a GPX file for the caches you need.
Load that GPX file up using the log wiz.
Your logs will be blank if you follow the instructions above and only create the GPX file with your log and 0 others.
Then you 'should' be able to visit the cache here and hit the 'edit' link on your blank log. You can then complete your log.

-OR-

As you load each GPX file into GSAK copy your log and edit the notes in GSAK and enter your log.
Create a GPX file for the caches you need.
Load that GPX file up using the log wiz.
Your logs should 'hopefully' be there.

No guarantees, but give it a try.

ideology

Post by ideology » 22 September 05 11:36 pm

setsujoku wrote:There were a couple of error messages show up when i imported them, but it didnt have any visible effect on the end result, so all good there.
do you remember what they were?
shaggy wrote: I've now got two logs in my list
one linking to
http://geocaching.com.au/cache/ga0003
& the other to
http://geocaching.com.au/cache/stringy
that is because you and setsujoku imported GSAK files with smart waypoint names turned on. this created 396 new caches and 54 logs which we have just deleted. we will need to put in some code to stop these caches being imported.

in the meantime, please make sure that you turn off smart waypoint naming in GSAK
setsujoku wrote:The only thing that i've noticed that hasnt updated so far is the stats when i select the state (SA) for the month. If i select all of australia, it shows 40 finds for the month, but once i select SA, it only shows 29.
this sounds like a different issue to us. if this recurs, please post it as a new thread so we can track it.

setsujoku

Post by setsujoku » 23 September 05 9:54 am

do you remember what they were?
On Closer inspection, it just looks like characters that the DB doesnt like, or cant recognise.
Warning: pg_exec(): Query failed: ERROR: syntax error at or near "s" at character 46 . in gca_database.php on line 18

Warning: pg_exec(): Query failed: ERROR: syntax error at or near "s" at character 102 . in gca_database.php on line 18

that is because you and setsujoku imported GSAK files with smart waypoint names turned on. this created 396 new caches and 54 logs which we have just deleted. we will need to put in some code to stop these caches being imported.

in the meantime, please make sure that you turn off smart waypoint naming in GSAK
I've done another import with the smart names off, so hopefully that's going to give a cleaner result. Appologies for the smart names, i thought that i had turned it off, but probably in going between my work PC and my laptop (and doing some work), i lost track of it

setsujoku

Post by setsujoku » 23 September 05 10:06 am

ideology wrote:this sounds like a different issue to us. if this recurs, please post it as a new thread so we can track it.
Looks like the import that i've done this morning has fixed this up, as it showed up straight away in the state pages, as well as the national.