If you're new to Geocaching... [closed]

Discussion about the Geocaching Australia web site
zactyl

If you're new to Geocaching... [closed]

Post by zactyl » 08 September 05 2:56 am

So I've just heard about Geocaching and go to http://www.geocaching.com.au and on the front page it says
"If you're new to Geocaching, type your suburb name into the Search box above and see what caches are near you, then check out the Guide to Finding your First Cache!"

Okay, now I type in my suburb name "Campbelltown" and get 13 results, only 3 are from Campbelltown NSW, and 2 of those are archived. One cache in Campbelltown. :?
The same search (using postcode 2560) at Geocaching.com gives me 15 caches within 8ks! :o

I'd love to see the Geocaching Australia site replace gc.com, but the search function isn't there yet. I DO get a complete list if I click on "Limb" (apparently the only unarchived Campbelltown cache) and then the "Other Caches Nearby" link, but that's pretty advanced for someone new to Geocaching... ;)

I guess what I'm saying is that until the search function is functional (and I realise you're working on it, and have lives other than here!) new cachers should be directed to a postcode search at geocaching.com
I'd update the wiki myself, but thought I'd better run it by you first :)

ideology

Post by ideology » 10 September 05 8:35 am

ok, we'll try to get the postcode search working
consider it bumped up on the development list!

ideology

Post by ideology » 14 September 05 7:46 pm

we've got postcode searches working so hopefully this is addressed!