A fix for the Watched caches List Please [closed]

Discussion about the Geocaching Australia web site
swampgecko
It's all in how you get there....
It's all in how you get there....

A fix for the Watched caches List Please [closed]

Post by swampgecko » 25 March 05 8:31 am

Guys, I just recieved my watched cache update but no where did it tell me what cache the log was for.... now that would be a wonderful feature to include in the e-mails.....
Geocaching Australia Updates E-mail wrote:Geocaching Australia Watchlist Update
Friday 25th March 2005

Your watched caches:

Bear_Left Found it

(Mama Bear hadn't yet found the box with her hiking boots in, and there was some housework to do, so Papa Bear was allowed out on his own to do this one.) I saw another car pull up next to the start point and went over to say hello, but they were model plane flyers, not cachers (luckily I hadn't said anything too stupid... "G'Day, I'm Papa Bear_Left! Who are you? Red Roo? Devar? Elmofreak?" The first puzzle waypoint was nifty, and the next one was also fun. Unfortunately, the next waypoint was much the same, as was the one after it, then the next, and the next, and the next... My mood wasn't improved by a keying error I made (at the longest section, of course) that caused me to walk an extra 2km or so, at about the same time as my water ran out. Waypoint 8 seemed to be missing, but I found where it had fallen and repaired it, before trudging on to the next identical waypoint. Wherever possible I got off the track, since walking in soft sand is _tiring_ to someone like me who displaces the odd grain or two! I bush-bashed one section along kangaroo tracks, just for some variety, then finally got to waypoint 13. It was a little different in content, if not in form, and the cache was very soon found after that. You won't need all of the items, but don't leave out the card/book; you _will_ need that a lot! And, as always in the bush, carry plenty of water. I appreciate the effort that went into this, but waypoints just for the sake of them get old fast, and I guess my expectations had been raised by the intriguing list of required props. I've done a couple of "MacGyver"-themed caches and was sort of expecting this to be along those lines, but it was more of a bushwalk than a puzzle series. You'll also need to be a lot fitter than me to walk this in two hours! Unless you're a keen bushwalker, allow more like three, or even more. I took the FTF card for our collection, but made no swaps.

----------------------
Geocaching Australia

Varuna
2350 or more caches found
2350 or more caches found

Post by Varuna » 25 March 05 9:37 pm

Received the same watchlist. Surely it has been all over Australia who received GA Updates. Would love to know what was it logged for. :D

Mind Socket

Post by Mind Socket » 26 March 05 12:30 am

Not sure what went wrong, but the log is from:

http://geocaching.com.au/cache/ga0114

ideology

Post by ideology » 26 March 05 7:37 am

sorry, thanks for letting us know. it should be fixed now.

the bug was in the batch email code: if the first cache of a watchlist email was the same as the last cache of the previous email, then the cache name was not displayed.