Editing cache logs. [closed]

Discussion about the Geocaching Australia web site
riblit
It's the journey.
It's the journey.

Editing cache logs. [closed]

Post by riblit » 11 February 05 5:37 pm

I have just been playing around with editing <a href="http://geocaching.com.au/cache/ga0056">this</a> cache log to add a few things from the secondary site that were not there.<p> A couple of things came to mind - could the edit button default to a new window to make it easier to get back to the original view after editing - that will save two backspaces and one can left click on the link rather than right click and use the context menu. <br> Also the break tags that get inserted turn the horizontal line of image thumbnails into a vertical line. A "Stop trying to guess how I want to format this" or "Leave my html alone" checkbox would be nice.

ideology

Post by ideology » 12 February 05 7:19 am

good points

back to original view: personally we hate things that decided to pop up a new window. we are planning to change the "log saved" page to give you a link to the log or the cache or whatever. would that be okay?

html: yes the routines were originally written to display secondary site logs which didn't allow html. we'll add the "leave my html alone" checkbox as you suggest

riblit
It's the journey.
It's the journey.

Post by riblit » 12 February 05 11:08 am

ideology wrote:good points

back to original view: personally we hate things that decided to pop up a new window. we are planning to change the "log saved" page to give you a link to the log or the cache or whatever. would that be okay?

html: yes the routines were originally written to display secondary site logs which didn't allow html. we'll add the "leave my html alone" checkbox as you suggest
that's ok I'll use the menus for a new tab or window