first finder of gca! [closed]

Discussion about the Geocaching Australia web site
Mind Socket

Post by Mind Socket » 03 February 05 12:36 pm

Excellent, pretty much the same as my workflow, except I've automated mine a bit.

For gca caches, simply download the GPX file from the link listed in the related thread in this forum and import into GSAK (you'll need an up to date version).

- Rog

riblit
It's the journey.
It's the journey.

Post by riblit » 03 February 05 12:39 pm

Team Pathfinder wrote:
Mind Socket wrote:Not at all. I'm not sure what your workflow consists of, but you can get GPX files from gca. Unfortunately the documentation is a bit scattered at the moment, but have a look through this forum, especially the What's New announcement post:
http://forum.geocaching.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=2076

If that doesn't work for you, let us know how you get gc.com listings into your PDA.

- Rog
Thanks - I have plenty of time before our next trip "south" as we have only just returned from 5 weeks down there :)

I am learning by playing with my (my husbands) Palm M515 - and I arent really up with the tech talk. I get my info through GC - premium member queries. Then I save, open in GSAK - generate HMTL - grab with ISILO X and pass to the Palm which then shows the pages as I would view on the home PC!!! Pretty cleaver, especially for me :lol: :lol: :lol: a lot of playing got me there and at last it seems to work. It was absolutely fantastic on our last trip - I could even read the last 5 logs. AND no reams of paper to scour through. :)
You can do much the same with the gca caches. GSAK will read the gpx file from gca and the rest as as you do it now..
<p><p>

edit - Mindsocket answered while a phone call interrupted my typing.

Wyoming Wombats

Post by Wyoming Wombats » 03 February 05 12:49 pm

Sorry this seems to be a bit late but what with work and storms since the find, I didn't realise the significance of the SECOND (I'm not going to argue) find of a gca cache. Thanks to all those who congratulated me and I'll just keep on looking.

BTW I'm trying to plan a real Bu..er of a cache on the Central Coast (a BIG cache along the lines of A_Z of Canberrra). Stay tuned.