What's new on Geocaching Australia

Discussion about the Geocaching Australia web site
Now_To_Morrow
3500 or more caches found

Re: What's new on Geocaching Australia

Post by Now_To_Morrow » 19 July 17 12:35 pm

I know nothing about IT so not sure if this is at all possible...
What are the chances of getting log photos shown in email log notifications, or a direct link to the photo included in the email notification?

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 19 July 17 1:05 pm

Our email are all plaintext, so there is no photo capability. We keep the email small and readable without having to have an HTML enabled reader. We should be able to provide a link to any gallery image for the log (if a gallery image exists when the email is generated, obviously).

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 19 July 17 7:22 pm

If there's an image on a log, you will now have a link to go to the gallery for the log. If there is no image, there is no link.

Now_To_Morrow

Post by Now_To_Morrow » 20 July 17 8:29 am

Thank you so much. =D>

Geocaching Australia

Circumnavigate the planet for dZ trophies

Post by Geocaching Australia » 02 August 17 9:42 pm

There are new dragonZone trophies available to be claimed!

We have four new trophies up for grabs that reward those intrepid explorers who travel great distances in search of geocaches. For every 40,075km you travel between valid dragonZone geocaches, you effectively circumnavigate the world. These new trophies could be yours, depending on how many times you've travelled around the world.

Bronze trophy:
Ferdinand Magellan
Circumnavigate the Earth.

Silver trophy:
Abel Tasman
Circumnavigate the Earth twice.

Gold trophy:
Capt James Cook
Circumnavigate the Earth five times.

Blaze trophy:
Francis Drake
Circumnavigate the Earth ten times.

As an additional bonus, there's also a trophy to reward those who have cached all the way to the moon, so to speak.

Blaze trophy:
Dark Side of the Moon
Travel the distance from the Earth to the Moon finding geocaches.

As with all trophies, these come with a nice helping of dragonZone points to help you move up through the ranks and claim the Zones for your clan.

spatialriq
5500 or more caches found
5500 or more caches found

Post by spatialriq » 03 August 17 6:09 pm

Just went to have a bit of a Captain Cook at my trophy cabinet, and that's where I'm at :lol:

Geocaching Australia

Post by Geocaching Australia » 03 August 17 6:34 pm

spatialriq wrote:Just went to have a bit of a Captain Cook at my trophy cabinet, and that's where I'm at :lol:
Great to see cachers checking out their trophy cabinet. Spread the word around your caching friends to go in and check (and therefore automatically) update theirs. The more that are playing, the bigger and better the game becomes. :D

The more Captain Cooks, the better.

Geocaching Australia

Shooting for the Stars

Post by Geocaching Australia » 17 August 17 7:55 pm

We have new rewards to fill the trophy cabinets of dedicated dragonZoners!

These new items reward those who accumulate Difficulty and Terrain stars while finding and logging valid dragonZone geocaches. They come in the regular four Trophy flavours, as well as a Mission Trophy, just for the hardcore cachers amongst us. They are:

Bronze
Shooting for the Stars - We have Lift Off
Awarded after reaching a total of 25 Difficulty stars AND 25 Terrain stars.

Silver
Shooting for the Stars - Star Trekkin'
Awarded after reaching a total 125 Difficulty AND 125 Terrain stars.

Gold
Shooting for the Stars - That's One Small Step for Man
Awarded after reaching a total of 500 Difficulty AND 500 Terrain stars.

Blaze
Shooting for the Stars - That's One Giant Leap for Mankind
Awarded after reaching a total of 2000 Difficulty AND 2000 Terrain stars.

Mission
Shooting for the Stars - The Yoda
Awarded for reaching at total of 5000 Difficulty AND 5000 Terrain stars.
2000 points

Don't forget to check your trophy page regularly to claim any trophies you may be eligible for.

Richary
8000 or more caches found

Post by Richary » 17 August 17 10:20 pm

Hmmm, I just checked my trophy page and it hasn't added the new ones. With 236 Dragonzone finds I think I should qualify for at least the first couple - or will it only recalculate after my next DZ find? Or does it only start accumulating from the date the award was listed?

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 17 August 17 11:16 pm

The trophies are retrospective to when you joined the game.
You qualify for some. http://geocaching.com.au/cacher/statist ... ary/finds/
Total Difficulty Stars Found (dragonZone) 322
Total Terrain Stars Found (dragonZone) 346

This page only displays, not updates.
http://geocaching.com.au/cacher/trophies/richary/

Did you visit the page that updates your trophies?
http://geocaching.com.au/my/dragonzonetrophies/

Let me know if this updates them or not. There might be a bug.

Richary

Post by Richary » 17 August 17 11:27 pm

Aha - that's worked. I have gained 4 new trophies. Thanks mate.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 17 August 17 11:43 pm

No problems and no bugs :-)

Geocaching Australia

Additional Capability on the Geocaching Australia GeoCheck

Post by Geocaching Australia » 19 August 17 3:39 pm

Thanks to a suggestion by ikkibrady we have enhanced the GeoCheck capability at Geocaching Australia to allow for codewords to be used to trigger the display of the final co-ordinates of the geocache. No longer are you restricted to obtaining the final co-ordinates by solving co-ordinate puzzloes only.

http://wiki.geocaching.com.au/wiki/GeoCheck

GCA provides, on the cache page, a link to be able to be verify your calculated co-ordinates or a codeword which will reveal the geocache coordinates for a cache, be it mystery or multi. You can find the link to co-ord checker (now called GeoChecker) in the navigation bar to the right on a cache page (if it's been activated).

There are three areas you can use to enter data on the geocache page when you are editing a listing you own:

Final Co-ordinates: This is where you enter the final co-ordinates for the actual hidden location of the geocache.

Codeword (50 characters, case insensitive): If you are hiding a codeword instead of co-ordinates in your puzzle you can enter the codeword here. It is not case sensitive. i.e. TEST and test and TeSt are functionally the same password. You could also hide a number string like 2567 which may be the combination to a lock where the combination is hidden in your puzzle and solving for the comination will reveal the final co-ordinates. Only complete this you are using a codeword hidden in your puzzle.

Codeword Response (255 characters, no HTML): If you would like to offer some more information or congratulations to a geocacher when they enter the codeword correctly you can enter the details here. This will be displayed to the geocacher after the have correctly entered the codeword. You can include additional information or leave this area blank.

Coord Checker page text (Codeword)

This checker allows you to verify your calculated co-ordinates or use a code word to reveal a message from the cache owner before seeking the geocache.

Final co-ordinates for this cache have been entered by the caches owner and have not been verified by any other source.

Please contact the caches owner if you believe the verified co-ordinates or codeword is incorrect.

Enter your codeword below (case insentive):

Coord Checker page text (Co-ordinates)

This checker allows you to verify your calculated co-ordinates or use a code word to reveal a message from the cache owner before seeking the geocache.

Final co-ordinates for this cache have been entered by the caches owner and have not been verified by any other source.

Please contact the caches owner if you believe the verified co-ordinates or codeword is incorrect.

Enter your co-ordinates below:

Working examples.

http://geocaching.com.au/cache/ga1790

http://geocaching.com.au/cache/ga1790/check

nutwood

Re: Circumnavigate the planet for dZ trophies

Post by nutwood » 07 October 17 6:49 pm

Geocaching Australia wrote:There are new dragonZone trophies available to be claimed!

We have four new trophies up for grabs that reward those intrepid explorers who travel great distances in search of geocaches. For every 40,075km you travel between valid dragonZone geocaches, you effectively circumnavigate the world. These new trophies could be yours, depending on how many times you've travelled around the world.

Bronze trophy:
Ferdinand Magellan

Silver trophy:
Abel Tasman

Gold trophy:
Capt James Cook

Blaze trophy:
Francis Drake

As an additional bonus, there's also a trophy to reward those who have cached all the way to the moon, so to speak.

Blaze trophy:
Dark Side of the Moon

As with all trophies, these come with a nice helping of dragonZone points to help you move up through the ranks and claim the Zones for your clan.
I tend to collect moveables and re-locate. Does the distance I relocate these contribute to this trophy?

J_&_J
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000016368307

Re: Circumnavigate the planet for dZ trophies

Post by J_&_J » 07 October 17 8:55 pm

nutwood wrote:
Geocaching Australia wrote:There are new dragonZone trophies available to be claimed!

Bronze trophy:
Ferdinand Magellan

Silver trophy:
Abel Tasman

Gold trophy:
Capt James Cook

Blaze trophy:
Francis Drake

Blaze trophy:
Dark Side of the Moon

I tend to collect moveables and re-locate. Does the distance I relocate these contribute to this trophy?
No.

The distance you move moveable caches contributes to:

Staying Near Home Traveller
Move 50 moveable geocaches a distance greater than 0km and less than 250km
Bronze Trophy

Weekend Traveller
Move 25 moveable geocaches a distance greater than or equal to 250km and less than 500km
Silver Trophy

Weeklong Traveller
Move 15 moveable geocaches a distance greater than or equal to 500km and less than 1,000km
Gold Trophy

Long Distance Traveller
Move 10 moveable geocaches a distance greater than or equal to 1,000km
Blaze Trophy