View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 20 November 17 1:06 pm



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 660 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44
What's new on Geocaching Australia 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: 08 January 09 8:55 pm
Posts: 302
Location: Australia
GCA Found: 473
GCA Hidden: 91
100 GCA Finds
Post Re: What's new on Geocaching Australia
I know nothing about IT so not sure if this is at all possible...
What are the chances of getting log photos shown in email log notifications, or a direct link to the photo included in the email notification?


19 July 17 12:35 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Online
User avatar

Joined: 17 May 04 12:11 pm
Posts: 14651
Location: Melbourne
GCA Found: 1041
GCA Hidden: 298
100 GCA Finds500 GCA Finds1000 GCA Finds
Post Re: What's new on Geocaching Australia
Our email are all plaintext, so there is no photo capability. We keep the email small and readable without having to have an HTML enabled reader. We should be able to provide a link to any gallery image for the log (if a gallery image exists when the email is generated, obviously).


19 July 17 1:05 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Online
User avatar

Joined: 17 May 04 12:11 pm
Posts: 14651
Location: Melbourne
GCA Found: 1041
GCA Hidden: 298
100 GCA Finds500 GCA Finds1000 GCA Finds
Post Re: What's new on Geocaching Australia
If there's an image on a log, you will now have a link to go to the gallery for the log. If there is no image, there is no link.


19 July 17 7:22 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
User avatar

Joined: 08 January 09 8:55 pm
Posts: 302
Location: Australia
GCA Found: 473
GCA Hidden: 91
100 GCA Finds
Post Re: What's new on Geocaching Australia
Thank you so much. =D>


20 July 17 8:29 am
Profile E-mail WWW

Joined: 17 September 09 6:44 pm
Posts: 114
Location: Home of the cache
GCA Found: 0
GCA Hidden: 7844
Post Circumnavigate the planet for dZ trophies
There are new dragonZone trophies available to be claimed!

We have four new trophies up for grabs that reward those intrepid explorers who travel great distances in search of geocaches. For every 40,075km you travel between valid dragonZone geocaches, you effectively circumnavigate the world. These new trophies could be yours, depending on how many times you've travelled around the world.

Bronze trophy:
Ferdinand Magellan
Circumnavigate the Earth.

Silver trophy:
Abel Tasman
Circumnavigate the Earth twice.

Gold trophy:
Capt James Cook
Circumnavigate the Earth five times.

Blaze trophy:
Francis Drake
Circumnavigate the Earth ten times.


As an additional bonus, there's also a trophy to reward those who have cached all the way to the moon, so to speak.

Blaze trophy:
Dark Side of the Moon
Travel the distance from the Earth to the Moon finding geocaches.

As with all trophies, these come with a nice helping of dragonZone points to help you move up through the ranks and claim the Zones for your clan.


02 August 17 9:42 pm
Profile E-mail
4500 or more caches found
4500 or more caches found
User avatar

Joined: 12 May 11 11:52 pm
Posts: 314
Location: Perth
GCA Found: 810
GCA Hidden: 31
100 GCA Finds500 GCA Finds
Post Re: What's new on Geocaching Australia
Just went to have a bit of a Captain Cook at my trophy cabinet, and that's where I'm at :lol:


03 August 17 6:09 pm
Profile E-mail

Joined: 17 September 09 6:44 pm
Posts: 114
Location: Home of the cache
GCA Found: 0
GCA Hidden: 7844
Post Re: What's new on Geocaching Australia
spatialriq wrote:
Just went to have a bit of a Captain Cook at my trophy cabinet, and that's where I'm at :lol:


Great to see cachers checking out their trophy cabinet. Spread the word around your caching friends to go in and check (and therefore automatically) update theirs. The more that are playing, the bigger and better the game becomes. :D

The more Captain Cooks, the better.


03 August 17 6:34 pm
Profile E-mail

Joined: 17 September 09 6:44 pm
Posts: 114
Location: Home of the cache
GCA Found: 0
GCA Hidden: 7844
Post Shooting for the Stars
We have new rewards to fill the trophy cabinets of dedicated dragonZoners!

These new items reward those who accumulate Difficulty and Terrain stars while finding and logging valid dragonZone geocaches. They come in the regular four Trophy flavours, as well as a Mission Trophy, just for the hardcore cachers amongst us. They are:

Bronze
Shooting for the Stars - We have Lift Off
Awarded after reaching a total of 25 Difficulty stars AND 25 Terrain stars.

Silver
Shooting for the Stars - Star Trekkin'
Awarded after reaching a total 125 Difficulty AND 125 Terrain stars.

Gold
Shooting for the Stars - That's One Small Step for Man
Awarded after reaching a total of 500 Difficulty AND 500 Terrain stars.

Blaze
Shooting for the Stars - That's One Giant Leap for Mankind
Awarded after reaching a total of 2000 Difficulty AND 2000 Terrain stars.

Mission
Shooting for the Stars - The Yoda
Awarded for reaching at total of 5000 Difficulty AND 5000 Terrain stars.
2000 points

Don't forget to check your trophy page regularly to claim any trophies you may be eligible for.


17 August 17 7:55 pm
Profile E-mail
6000 or more caches found
6000 or more caches found
User avatar

Joined: 04 February 04 10:55 pm
Posts: 4021
Location: Waitara, Sydney
GCA Found: 1290
GCA Hidden: 23
100 GCA Finds500 GCA Finds1000 GCA Finds
Post Re: What's new on Geocaching Australia
Hmmm, I just checked my trophy page and it hasn't added the new ones. With 236 Dragonzone finds I think I should qualify for at least the first couple - or will it only recalculate after my next DZ find? Or does it only start accumulating from the date the award was listed?


17 August 17 10:20 pm
Profile E-mail
Online
User avatar

Joined: 17 May 04 12:11 pm
Posts: 14651
Location: Melbourne
GCA Found: 1041
GCA Hidden: 298
100 GCA Finds500 GCA Finds1000 GCA Finds
Post Re: What's new on Geocaching Australia
The trophies are retrospective to when you joined the game.
You qualify for some. http://geocaching.com.au/cacher/statist ... ary/finds/
Total Difficulty Stars Found (dragonZone) 322
Total Terrain Stars Found (dragonZone) 346

This page only displays, not updates.
http://geocaching.com.au/cacher/trophies/richary/

Did you visit the page that updates your trophies?
http://geocaching.com.au/my/dragonzonetrophies/

Let me know if this updates them or not. There might be a bug.


17 August 17 11:16 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
6000 or more caches found
6000 or more caches found
User avatar

Joined: 04 February 04 10:55 pm
Posts: 4021
Location: Waitara, Sydney
GCA Found: 1290
GCA Hidden: 23
100 GCA Finds500 GCA Finds1000 GCA Finds
Post Re: What's new on Geocaching Australia
Aha - that's worked. I have gained 4 new trophies. Thanks mate.


17 August 17 11:27 pm
Profile E-mail
Online
User avatar

Joined: 17 May 04 12:11 pm
Posts: 14651
Location: Melbourne
GCA Found: 1041
GCA Hidden: 298
100 GCA Finds500 GCA Finds1000 GCA Finds
Post Re: What's new on Geocaching Australia
No problems and no bugs :-)


17 August 17 11:43 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Joined: 17 September 09 6:44 pm
Posts: 114
Location: Home of the cache
GCA Found: 0
GCA Hidden: 7844
Post Additional Capability on the Geocaching Australia GeoCheck
Thanks to a suggestion by ikkibrady we have enhanced the GeoCheck capability at Geocaching Australia to allow for codewords to be used to trigger the display of the final co-ordinates of the geocache. No longer are you restricted to obtaining the final co-ordinates by solving co-ordinate puzzloes only.

http://wiki.geocaching.com.au/wiki/GeoCheck

GCA provides, on the cache page, a link to be able to be verify your calculated co-ordinates or a codeword which will reveal the geocache coordinates for a cache, be it mystery or multi. You can find the link to co-ord checker (now called GeoChecker) in the navigation bar to the right on a cache page (if it's been activated).

There are three areas you can use to enter data on the geocache page when you are editing a listing you own:

Final Co-ordinates: This is where you enter the final co-ordinates for the actual hidden location of the geocache.

Codeword (50 characters, case insensitive): If you are hiding a codeword instead of co-ordinates in your puzzle you can enter the codeword here. It is not case sensitive. i.e. TEST and test and TeSt are functionally the same password. You could also hide a number string like 2567 which may be the combination to a lock where the combination is hidden in your puzzle and solving for the comination will reveal the final co-ordinates. Only complete this you are using a codeword hidden in your puzzle.

Codeword Response (255 characters, no HTML): If you would like to offer some more information or congratulations to a geocacher when they enter the codeword correctly you can enter the details here. This will be displayed to the geocacher after the have correctly entered the codeword. You can include additional information or leave this area blank.

Coord Checker page text (Codeword)

This checker allows you to verify your calculated co-ordinates or use a code word to reveal a message from the cache owner before seeking the geocache.

Final co-ordinates for this cache have been entered by the caches owner and have not been verified by any other source.

Please contact the caches owner if you believe the verified co-ordinates or codeword is incorrect.

Enter your codeword below (case insentive):

Coord Checker page text (Co-ordinates)

This checker allows you to verify your calculated co-ordinates or use a code word to reveal a message from the cache owner before seeking the geocache.

Final co-ordinates for this cache have been entered by the caches owner and have not been verified by any other source.

Please contact the caches owner if you believe the verified co-ordinates or codeword is incorrect.

Enter your co-ordinates below:

Working examples.

http://geocaching.com.au/cache/ga1790

http://geocaching.com.au/cache/ga1790/check


19 August 17 3:39 pm
Profile E-mail

Joined: 01 April 11 6:02 pm
Posts: 383
Location: Tasmania
GCA Found: 609
GCA Hidden: 56
100 GCA Finds500 GCA Finds
Post Re: Circumnavigate the planet for dZ trophies
Geocaching Australia wrote:
There are new dragonZone trophies available to be claimed!

We have four new trophies up for grabs that reward those intrepid explorers who travel great distances in search of geocaches. For every 40,075km you travel between valid dragonZone geocaches, you effectively circumnavigate the world. These new trophies could be yours, depending on how many times you've travelled around the world.

Bronze trophy:
Ferdinand Magellan
Circumnavigate the Earth.

Silver trophy:
Abel Tasman
Circumnavigate the Earth twice.

Gold trophy:
Capt James Cook
Circumnavigate the Earth five times.

Blaze trophy:
Francis Drake
Circumnavigate the Earth ten times.


As an additional bonus, there's also a trophy to reward those who have cached all the way to the moon, so to speak.

Blaze trophy:
Dark Side of the Moon
Travel the distance from the Earth to the Moon finding geocaches.

As with all trophies, these come with a nice helping of dragonZone points to help you move up through the ranks and claim the Zones for your clan.


I tend to collect moveables and re-locate. Does the distance I relocate these contribute to this trophy?


07 October 17 6:49 pm
Profile E-mail
User avatar

Joined: 12 May 05 7:58 pm
Posts: 711
Location: Morphett Vale
GCA Found: 414
GCA Hidden: 55
100 GCA Finds
Post Re: Circumnavigate the planet for dZ trophies
nutwood wrote:
Geocaching Australia wrote:
There are new dragonZone trophies available to be claimed!

We have four new trophies up for grabs that reward those intrepid explorers who travel great distances in search of geocaches. For every 40,075km you travel between valid dragonZone geocaches, you effectively circumnavigate the world. These new trophies could be yours, depending on how many times you've travelled around the world.

Bronze trophy:
Ferdinand Magellan
Circumnavigate the Earth.

Silver trophy:
Abel Tasman
Circumnavigate the Earth twice.

Gold trophy:
Capt James Cook
Circumnavigate the Earth five times.

Blaze trophy:
Francis Drake
Circumnavigate the Earth ten times.


As an additional bonus, there's also a trophy to reward those who have cached all the way to the moon, so to speak.

Blaze trophy:
Dark Side of the Moon
Travel the distance from the Earth to the Moon finding geocaches.

As with all trophies, these come with a nice helping of dragonZone points to help you move up through the ranks and claim the Zones for your clan.


I tend to collect moveables and re-locate. Does the distance I relocate these contribute to this trophy?


No.

The distance you move moveable caches contributes to:

Staying Near Home Traveller
Move 50 moveable geocaches a distance greater than 0km and less than 250km
Bronze Trophy

Weekend Traveller
Move 25 moveable geocaches a distance greater than or equal to 250km and less than 500km
Silver Trophy

Weeklong Traveller
Move 15 moveable geocaches a distance greater than or equal to 500km and less than 1,000km
Gold Trophy

Long Distance Traveller
Move 10 moveable geocaches a distance greater than or equal to 1,000km
Blaze Trophy


07 October 17 8:55 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 660 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Forum theme by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forum/DivisionCore.