GCA only map?

Discussion about the Geocaching Australia web site
nutwood

GCA only map?

Post by nutwood » 18 October 17 6:44 pm

I'm sure this one has been asked before and I know that I can do it via queries, but is there any way I can set the basic GCA map to only show GCA caches?
I'm often looking at a cache page and select the map to see what else is in the area. Sometimes I zoom out or pan around the area. My main interest is in the blue flags and it's annoying to have them smothered. In areas where the blue is scarce, it'd be nice to zoom out and see the allocation of 200 GCA caches rather than a blob of brown in the middle of the screen.

Richary
8000 or more caches found
8000 or more caches found

Re: GCA only map?

Post by Richary » 18 October 17 8:00 pm

If I just click on the map it only seems to show GCA caches. I know that is different if you go to the map from a cache page. But using this page then zooming in on the area of interest only has GCA.

http://geocaching.com.au/caches/availab ... u/nsw.gmap

But yes ideally a selection box on the map accessed from a cache page would be nice.

nutwood

Post by nutwood » 18 October 17 8:25 pm

OK, this is probably a silly question, but where did you originally access that map from?

Chwiliwr
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Post by Chwiliwr » 18 October 17 8:45 pm

nutwood wrote:OK, this is probably a silly question, but where did you originally access that map from?
From the main home page (http://geocaching.com.au/) and select the state you want from the map.

(Selecting the state from the options under the map give you a list.)

nutwood

Post by nutwood » 18 October 17 8:58 pm

Ah-ha, thanks for that. I'd prefer to be able to de-select the GC caches but as a workaround, that'll solve my problem.