Movables - better logging

Discussion about the Geocaching Australia web site
caughtatwork

Re: Movables - better logging

Post by caughtatwork » 25 May 17 10:24 pm

You have the code. You have offered to charge the daily mailer which is why you have the code. If you would like to help by making the changes you are suggesting then we can test and take on. If you would like the current developer team to do this if may take more than a few years as this is not on my priority list.

There is no promotion to the developer team at this point but if can assist and provide the value add we can look to accept your suggested contributions provide they pass muster.

If you do not want to contribute the code that's also fine, there is no pressure. We will add this request to the very long backlog.

MavEtJu
Twitter: @mavetju

Post by MavEtJu » 25 May 17 10:49 pm

This thread just turned 100% weird.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 26 May 17 9:11 am

You have the skills, you do PHP development. You have made a number of suggestions, including this one: http://forum.geocaching.com.au/viewtopi ... =1&t=19382 From that discussion which came to the senate I gave you the code base and the database schema on 27 March this year and you said you "would check it out". I have heard nothing since, so I am not sure whether you have taken up the offer or are just ignoring the opportunity to help.

You are not being invited to the development team. You are being asked, if you like, to help the site out by making the changes you suggested to the daily email. Subsequent to that you are being offered the opportunity to again help the site by developing the changes you are suggesting in this thread. If you do not want to help in that fashion, say so. The branch has been extended two times now so you can either accept and help or reject and let the development team get to the development as time permits.

This is our general ask of a developer. http://forum.geocaching.com.au/viewtopi ... f8#p213333 If you think you fit the bill, apply, if you don't apply, then I'll assume your interest is only in making suggestions and not actually helping to develop.

If you want to help, then please say so and offer a contribution. If you do not want to get involved in the development opportunity on offer, then so be it.