Locationless caches that aren't a locationless type

Discussion about the Geocaching Australia web site
ikkibrady

Locationless caches that aren't a locationless type

Post by ikkibrady » 06 January 17 1:11 pm

Just wondering is there an easier way for the masses to see a cache that is in a locationless location but is not a locationless type cache. For example a virtual, an event or a podcache. So far the only way I can see is typing in the 0000 00000 coords but people don't track these and caches listed here may get missed by the masses. Unless of course I missed something and they can be seen easily.

Also on the topic is it possible to allow podcache to have the question and code system available for logging too as I think there's a big potential in locationlesd podcaches

caughtatwork

Re: Locationless caches that aren't a locationless type

Post by caughtatwork » 06 January 17 2:17 pm

There really shouldn't be any cache at 0,0. That's just off Africa. What are you looking for where the co-ords are 0,0 but isn't a locationless cache?

Podcache Q&A? Sure, this is done and ready to go.

ikkibrady

Post by ikkibrady » 06 January 17 2:33 pm

Are not most locationless caches listed at 0.0 that seems to be the default location for them and when I search for nearby gca caches it shows all the locationless caches plus a few others. A podcache I published. The q and a event and some virtuals

ikkibrady

Post by ikkibrady » 06 January 17 2:47 pm

Apologies if I'm speaking gibberish. I think what I am ultimately asking is there a easy place to look for locationless caches that aren't locationless that every can see. If not can one be added? Or could they possibly be included in the locationless tab in the find a cache zone. As I would like to make some more locationless podcaches but don't want them to bypass everyone's radar

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 06 January 17 2:52 pm

Yes locationless get 0,0. Others can have a 0,0 if they are not deemed to have a location but may be other than locationless (I suppose). Not what was intended, but it works, so why not.

Any location will be restricted to searching for a location. If you have a podcache which is not tied to a location, then it's probably a locationless cache not a true podcache. If you're using 0,0 to get it to be done from anywhere then I don't think we'll be making a change to cater for this. It's a little too uncommon for the cost of the development time.

But you are free to lost your podcache as 0,0 as we're not going to stop that happening either.