For a limited time only!

Discussion about the Geocaching Australia web site
ziggiau
3000 or more caches found
Twitter: ziggiau

For a limited time only!

Post by ziggiau » 30 August 16 5:01 pm

I've been approached to place a cache that will only be available to find for a short time, during the window that an event is running. The event (already set up and ready to go) involves finding clues throughout Sydney and the organiser would like to have a geocaching element to it. We've been playing with some ideas on how to set this up through GCA but I'm curious to know if temporary/limited time only caches are kosher? The event runs for just over 2 weeks.

caughtatwork

Re: For a limited time only!

Post by caughtatwork » 30 August 16 5:09 pm

At GCA? Hell yes. Place that information in the description and make it so.

Richary
8000 or more caches found
8000 or more caches found

Post by Richary » 30 August 16 9:34 pm

They approached GCNSW and I advised them that Groundspeak wouldn't run with it due to cache longevity and they would probably want to run it as a Geotour with associated costs, and asked them if they wanted me to approach GCA - but never heard anything back. I also asked how they planned on using Geocaching as part of the event - apart from having downloadable GPX files but they didn't answer that either.

Oh well, as long as it happens and can be made to work it's all good.

ziggiau
Twitter: ziggiau

Post by ziggiau » 30 August 16 10:44 pm

Did anything come of that school contact Richary? They placed their hides recently but I never heard back from them after giving them a comprehensive response.

And yes, it will certainly be a GCA cache, just working through the logistics. Hoping we'll get lots of Sydney cachers to do the whole thing to show how GCA can accommodate to such events.

Zalgariath
5500 or more caches found
5500 or more caches found

Post by Zalgariath » 31 August 16 8:49 am

Yes Ziggi I did a whole day out at Rosebank running a geocaching course with them. Will post some photos soon!