GeGnome ][ Electric Boogaloo

Discussion about the Geocaching Australia web site
Geocaching Australia

GeGnome ][ Electric Boogaloo

Post by Geocaching Australia » 06 October 15 9:52 am

Get ready for "GeGnome ][ Electric Boogaloo" coming this Australian summer to Geocaching Australia.

fluffyfish
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!

Re: GeGnome ][ Electric Boogaloo

Post by fluffyfish » 06 October 15 12:12 pm

:gnomette YAY :gnome

rogerw3
8000 or more caches found
8000 or more caches found

Post by rogerw3 » 06 October 15 6:37 pm

:gnome :D :gnomette
Love the Gnomes, can't wait.
:gnomette :P :gnome

tigersden
1100 or more caches found
1100 or more caches found

Post by tigersden » 08 October 15 8:59 am

Lucky I have a School Shopping Trip lined up for the factory outlets in Melbourne in a week or so...SHOPPING TIME for GNOMES....mwahahaha

Just a cacher

Post by Just a cacher » 08 October 15 5:17 pm

Comment withdrawn.
Last edited by Just a cacher on 08 October 15 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Geocaching Australia

Post by Geocaching Australia » 08 October 15 6:55 pm

Just a cacher wrote:I seriously dislike this sort of statement that is becoming popular in the geocaching world:

"I am not making an announcement now. I am announcing that I will be making an announcement at some time in the future. Now, aren't you all thrilled that I have announced that?"

If it's a secret, shut up about it until it's no longer secret. If it isn't a secret, give us the information and be done with it. ](*,) :stabby
If you would like make a complaint go to the complaints thread.
http://forum.geocaching.com.au/viewtopi ... 50#p213050

People who volunteer their time really don't appreciate being told to "shut up". They withdraw from volunteering.

Just a cacher

Post by Just a cacher » 08 October 15 7:44 pm

I apologise. I didn't mean to be offensive.

tronador
6500 or more caches found
6500 or more caches found

Post by tronador » 10 October 15 9:45 pm

Some one say gnome! :twisted: :gnome :gnomette

Zalgariath
5500 or more caches found

Post by Zalgariath » 11 October 15 11:03 pm

Gno. Gno one said Gnome, GeGnome, Here Gnomey Gnomey Gnomey or any variation of the sort. Move along, gnothing to see here. Gnow then can we all please remain calm...

... and gnow for somethign completely different.... an army of Gnomes.

:gnome :gnomette :gnome :gnomette :gnome :gnomette :gnome :gnomette :gnome :gnomette :gnome :gnomette :gnome :gnomette :gnome :gnomette :gnome :gnomette :gnome :gnomette :gnome :gnomette :gnome :gnomette :gnome :gnomette :gnome :gnomette :gnome :gnomette :gnome :gnomette :gnome :gnomette :gnome :gnomette :gnome :gnomette :gnome :gnomette :gnome :gnomette :gnome :gnomette :gnome :gnomette :gnome :gnomette :gnome :gnomette :gnome :gnomette :gnome :gnomette :gnome :gnomette :gnome :gnomette :gnome :gnomette :gnome :gnomette :gnome :gnomette :gnome :gnomette :gnome :gnomette :gnome :gnomette :gnome :gnomette :gnome :gnomette :gnome :gnomette :gnome :gnomette :gnome :gnomette :gnome :gnomette :gnome :gnomette :gnome :gnomette :gnome :gnomette :gnome :gnomette :gnome :gnomette :gnome :gnomette :gnome :gnomette :gnome :gnomette :gnome :gnomette :gnome :gnomette :gnome :gnomette :gnome :gnomette :gnome :gnomette :gnome :gnomette :gnome :gnomette :gnome :gnomette :gnome :gnomette :gnome :gnomette :gnome :gnomette :gnome :gnomette :gnome :gnomette :gnome :gnomette :gnome :gnomette :gnome :gnomette :gnome :gnomette :gnome :gnomette :gnome :gnomette :gnome :gnomette :gnome :gnomette

Oh sod it.

Yurt
4500 or more caches found
4500 or more caches found

Post by Yurt » 12 October 15 10:25 am

The gnomes were the high water mark for the movable races I think. If pjmpjm sees this post he should relate an funny anecdote from a GeGnome event back then concerning an interested member of the public.

:gnome :gnomette

I did like the frogs too.
:frogette :frog

Now_To_Morrow
3500 or more caches found
3500 or more caches found

Post by Now_To_Morrow » 17 October 15 4:30 pm

I just want to know what Electric Boogaloo is going to do with gnomes? Will they be dressed/painted in 80s breakdance or punk style? Or are they going to be moveable night caches all lit up in 80s fluro colours? I loved this movie... when I first saw it years ago.

When are we going to get the announcement?

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 17 October 15 4:44 pm

I'm up to pussy's bow at the moment, so soon I hope. Assume a gnome will be involved at some point, so go get one. A bone fide gnome, please. Not something you call a gnome. A genuine garden gnome.

gmj3191
7500 or more caches found
7500 or more caches found

Post by gmj3191 » 17 October 15 5:57 pm

... and none of your little whinging whining tiny run home to mummy micro gnomes. Big obese gmomes are the way to go.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 26 October 15 5:15 pm

Informational update

GeGnome ][ Electric Boogaloo will run from 1st December 2015 00:00:00 (AEDT) through to 31-Jan-2016 23:59:59 (AEDT)

Winners will be:
- Geocache with the most moves > 0 km* and < 1 km (provided the owner hasn't already won a prize)
- Geocache with the most moves >= 1 km* (provided the owner hasn't already won a prize)
- Geocache with the most moves >= 10 km* (provided the owner hasn't already won a prize)
- Geocache with the most moves >= 100 km* (provided the owner hasn't already won a prize)
- Geocache with the most moves >= 1,000 km* (provided the owner hasn't already won a prize)
- Geocache with the most moves >= 10,000 km* (provided the owner hasn't already won a prize)
- Geocache that has the highest cumulative distance moved (provided the owner hasn't already won a prize)
- Geocache that has the single highest distance moved (provided the owner hasn't already won a prize)
- Other winners will be announced as the countdown continues
* Distances will only apply once. i.e. If a geocache moves by 150 km it will count in the > 100 km category only and will not count in the > 10 km and > 1 km categories.

Your geocache must a genuine, bone fide garden gnome
You are allowed to move your own geocache
Caches must be found, moved and rehidden by the same geocacher
There is no limit to the number of times other geocachers can find / move the cache provided there are at least two other finds / moves in between
If a geocacher moves your geocache overseas and it remains unfound overseas for 1 week or more, the geocacher may move your geocache back to the country of origin without breaking the "2 moves" rule
There is no limit to the distance other geocachers can move a geocache
Other geocachers in the game may find / move your geocache, but to play fair they're asked to move it on within 2 days
Geocaches must be hidden where the stated co-ordinates indicate and may then, and only then, be moved
Leapfrogging geocaches by nominating hidden co-ordinates in one location then immediately having them move to another set of co-ordinates just to increase distance or moves may be grounds for disqualification

quiet1_au

Post by quiet1_au » 28 October 15 10:01 pm

\:D/ =D> My first GCA race (a late starter and non cache owner back then) - this was a fun theme! :gnome :gnomette Time to send Grumpy out of the box in my office he's been for 15 years or so and into the wild blue yonder :)