Discussion about the Geocaching Australia web site
CraigRat
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
Twitter: CraigRat
Facebook: http://facebook.com/CraigRat

Re: Complaints thread

Post by CraigRat » 26 October 15 11:49 am

fluffyfish wrote:Oh I legitimately get annoyed about how gc.com is "seen" as the only listing site. Why are some cachers so blind? *preaches to the converted* #-o
Well, to be fair, Groundpeak have pluralized the word. So they are technically 'the' Geocaching site and 'the' Geocaching app.

Would love to have the time and money to challenging the legal validity in that :lol:

My complaint are these jokers on facebook who find it amusing to make GCA the punchline to any reference to a poor placement or whatever else they see as 'inferior'. Turkeys.

Laighside Legends
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Post by Laighside Legends » 26 October 15 8:03 pm

fluffyfish wrote:Accidentally found a premium only cache today. 200ml sistema. Log only. No swaps. No pencil. Sitting under a rock at the base of a tree next to a road. What are they protecting by making it premium only?
Boosting their ego? I have noticed that there is a correlation between those who hide PM only caches and those who think their caches are better than everyone else's...

Happy Chappies
2000 or more caches found

Post by Happy Chappies » 27 October 15 9:23 am

CraigRat wrote:
fluffyfish wrote:Oh I legitimately get annoyed about how gc.com is "seen" as the only listing site. Why are some cachers so blind? *preaches to the converted* #-o
Well, to be fair, Groundpeak have pluralized the word. So they are technically 'the' Geocaching site and 'the' Geocaching app.

Would love to have the time and money to challenging the legal validity in that :lol:

My complaint are these jokers on facebook who find it amusing to make GCA the punchline to any reference to a poor placement or whatever else they see as 'inferior'. Turkeys.
Yeah, 'cause every GC.com cache is awesomely placed and brilliantly designed. :roll: I don't think we'd need to run the stats to determine which site has a higher percentage of garbage eclipse-tin throw downs.

That site-snobbery baffles me - I can only assume it's either technological-numpties who can't handle thinking about a second interface, or numbers-whores who shun any find that won't add to their stats.

Another good reason not to return to FB :P

Happy Chappies

Post by Happy Chappies » 27 October 15 9:39 am

Laighside Legends wrote:
fluffyfish wrote:Accidentally found a premium only cache today. 200ml sistema. Log only. No swaps. No pencil. Sitting under a rock at the base of a tree next to a road. What are they protecting by making it premium only?
Boosting their ego? I have noticed that there is a correlation between those who hide PM only caches and those who think their caches are better than everyone else's...
I think I've retired the only cache I had made premium, which was a TB hotel - and even then I'm not sure how well the premium membership protected it.

Honestly, if you don't want novice, 'amateur' caches fiddling with your caches, just make them a multi. :lol:

Taz
400 or more spectacular views seen
400 or more spectacular views seen

Post by Taz » 27 October 15 10:51 am

Happy Chappies wrote:or numbers-whores who shun any find that won't add to their stats.
:lol: :lol: :lol: HEY! I"m a total numbers whore and I work with both websites! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I use my GCA page to keep track since GCA puts both sites on the Stat page, something I very much appreciate and I search for whatever caches are in the area no matter which site they are listed on, any cache found is adding to my stats.
I do have premium membership but that goes with the numbers whore thing \:D/ :oops:

fluffyfish
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!

Post by fluffyfish » 19 January 16 8:46 pm

Too blue..... 8)

Just a cacher

Post by Just a cacher » 22 January 16 5:52 pm

OK, I do have a small complaint. Well, it's more of a question, really. You know about all those trig points all over the country? The ones that show on a map as a 'Z'? Do you think we could have a button that makes them disappear from the map, so that it doesn't look quite so crowded and complicated - for those of us who don't go weak at the knees at the sight of a trig point?

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 26 January 16 9:43 pm

Just a cacher wrote:OK, I do have a small complaint. Well, it's more of a question, really. You know about all those trig points all over the country? The ones that show on a map as a 'Z'? Do you think we could have a button that makes them disappear from the map, so that it doesn't look quite so crowded and complicated - for those of us who don't go weak at the knees at the sight of a trig point?
Yes. It's called a My Query. Anything else is canned and "everything is included".

Just a cacher

Post by Just a cacher » 31 January 16 6:12 pm

Thank you.

I don't know how to do a My Query, in spite of being shown several times. *sigh*

WazzaAndWenches
5000 or more caches found
5000 or more caches found

Post by WazzaAndWenches » 31 January 16 9:25 pm

Just a cacher wrote:I don't know how to do a My Query, in spite of being shown several times. *sigh*
http://geocaching.com.au/my/query/
Click Create New Query down at the bottom of the page.
Follow your nose and name it something that makes sense to you.
After you save the query you can then choose to see the results on the screen as a list, on google map, or download the results in a variety of formats. (eg. as a gpx file straight to GSAK)