Winter is Coming

Discussion about the Geocaching Australia web site
spatialriq
5500 or more caches found

Re: Winter is Coming

Post by spatialriq » 12 June 15 3:46 pm

geo_jas wrote:
spatialriq wrote:When do the points come thru for challenges such as the unloved ones? I've logged several greater than 2 years over the past 2 days but the 60pts hasn't filtered thru? :minotaur
You've got to log http://geocaching.com.au/cache/GA2698 to get the points.
Yes, done that already (mine are the last 3 logs there). I've logged them only as a note not a find as I've already found it once. I see other have done the same so I'm currently assuming that's ok?

blossom*
3000 or more caches found

Post by blossom* » 12 June 15 4:08 pm

Just to be totally clear on the rules as I don't want to end up doing the wrong thing:

It's ok to "find" (and move) a moveable several times during the game? i hope so, it's almost like another moving cache race embedded in the Winter Games :D

How many others need to find a moveable inbetween my finds for the dZ game? Is it 2 as per the last games rules? Or is it whatever that particular cache says on it's page? And is it 2 finds or do they have to be moves? (just so I don't assume something and do the wrong thing)

And I am not allowed to have a 1 week streak a few times in the game period and get points for it? Are you sure?? [-o< Because I am away for a period in a non-GA location and so getting the 2 or 3 week streaks is not possible. But I thought I might be allowed to get the 1 week streak several times?

Thanks for the advice and clarification. And thanks for the game \:D/

geo_jas

Post by geo_jas » 12 June 15 4:49 pm

spatialriq wrote:
geo_jas wrote:
spatialriq wrote:When do the points come thru for challenges such as the unloved ones? I've logged several greater than 2 years over the past 2 days but the 60pts hasn't filtered thru? :minotaur
Yes, done that already (mine are the last 3 logs there). I've logged them only as a note not a find as I've already found it once. I see other have done the same so I'm currently assuming that's ok?
I remember seeing a comment from caughtatwork saying only a "Find" counted.

Now_To_Morrow
3500 or more caches found

Post by Now_To_Morrow » 12 June 15 4:55 pm

This is not an easy game. I've pretty much exhausted my 100 km radius, and my fuel budget for the next week, all within 8 days. Lucky buggers living in cities, blue mountains, or on the coast.
:evil:
19 GCA finds
1 GCA DNF
4 GC
About 423km
:shock: :griffin

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 12 June 15 9:53 pm

geo_jas wrote:
spatialriq wrote:
geo_jas wrote:
I remember seeing a comment from caughtatwork saying only a "Find" counted.
Correct. Only finds count.

CraigRat
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
Twitter: CraigRat
Facebook: http://facebook.com/CraigRat

Post by CraigRat » 12 June 15 9:55 pm

Remember : hides also get you points!

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 12 June 15 10:02 pm

No_Tomorrow wrote:This is not an easy game. I've pretty much exhausted my 100 km radius, and my fuel budget for the next week, all within 8 days. Lucky buggers living in cities, blue mountains, or on the coast.
:evil:
19 GCA finds
1 GCA DNF
4 GC
About 423km
Similar here. I'm going from Melbourne to castlemane this weekend for a few GCA caches. I have also hidden some to attract others to my area and hope they hide too. If there's no one hiding there's no reason to find and if there's no one finding there's no reason to hide. A lot will lie for a long time between fins but finds become all the more rewarding for it. GCA will never be about huge numbers. Hide then and they will come.

CraigRat
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
Twitter: CraigRat
Facebook: http://facebook.com/CraigRat

Post by CraigRat » 12 June 15 10:05 pm

Come to Tassie y'all. GCA caches abound!

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 12 June 15 10:06 pm

blossom* wrote:Just to be totally clear on the rules as I don't want to end up doing the wrong thing:

It's ok to "find" (and move) a moveable several times during the game? i hope so, it's almost like another moving cache race embedded in the Winter Games :D

How many others need to find a moveable inbetween my finds for the dZ game? Is it 2 as per the last games rules? Or is it whatever that particular cache says on it's page? And is it 2 finds or do they have to be moves? (just so I don't assume something and do the wrong thing)

And I am not allowed to have a 1 week streak a few times in the game period and get points for it? Are you sure?? [-o< Because I am away for a period in a non-GA location and so getting the 2 or 3 week streaks is not possible. But I thought I might be allowed to get the 1 week streak several times?

Thanks for the advice and clarification. And thanks for the game \:D/
Only find and move according to the spirit of a moveable. Don't find move find move on and on. As you would during normal times, find move then wait until its found again before you try again.

Streaks are once only because day one through seven is a streak as would be day two through eight and three through nine. I.e. Three streaks over essentially the same period. So I decided once each per streak type.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 12 June 15 10:07 pm

CraigRat wrote:Come to Tassie y'all. GCA caches abound!
Hmmm. Might have to chat to the missus.

spatialriq

Post by spatialriq » 15 June 15 12:49 pm

CraigRat wrote:Come to Tassie y'all. GCA caches abound!
Fortuitously I'll be in Hobart for work next week for 2.5 days. Hoping to grab a couple of GCA and GC ... and a munzee or two while there. Never been to the Apple Isle before :D

Now_To_Morrow

Post by Now_To_Morrow » 15 June 15 1:22 pm

No_Tomorrow wrote: 19 GCA finds
1 GCA DNF
4 GC
About 423km
Man, I got that wrong! Read my Speedo yesterday and realised I only calculated kilometres one way. I drove about 850km just geocaching in the first week of June!

nutwood

Post by nutwood » 07 July 15 10:23 pm

No_Tomorrow wrote:
No_Tomorrow wrote: 19 GCA finds
1 GCA DNF
4 GC
About 423km
Man, I got that wrong! Read my Speedo yesterday and realised I only calculated kilometres one way. I drove about 850km just geocaching in the first week of June!
In a week? Were you on a bicycle? C'mon, you've got to try harder than that!

Now_To_Morrow

Post by Now_To_Morrow » 17 July 15 6:05 pm

Just confirming...
There is no way to tell how many points are needed to take over a cache,
and taking over a zone is by the total points in that area not total caches taken over (as some caches would have lower points allocated than others, right)?

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 17 July 15 8:34 pm

Cache. Top right. Work it out based on your clan. Zone is controlled caches regardless of individual cache points. Have a cache in front by 1 or 10,000 points doesn't matter.