Personal notes on a cache page

Discussion about the Geocaching Australia web site
Toriaz
200 or more found
200 or more found

Personal notes on a cache page

Post by Toriaz » 02 June 14 10:51 am

Is there any way I can make a note on a GCA cache page?

A few months back I solved a puzzle, and wrote the coordinates down somewhere. Of course I now can't find them, and had to resolve the puzzle.

This time I've added the coordinates as a private tag to the listing, but I was wondering if there was a field somewhere on the page that I haven't spotted that will let me enter a note.

caughtatwork

Re: Personal notes on a cache page

Post by caughtatwork » 02 June 14 10:59 am

Currently, there are no private note components to a GCA cache. We have looked at the concept as well as having "solved co-ordinates". Our data model doesn't lend itself well to this concept, so to be perfectly honest, we didn't pursue implementation. Not that we can't if enough folks request it, we just didn't at the time.

EuDes
9500 or more caches found
9500 or more caches found

Post by EuDes » 02 June 14 2:30 pm

Excuse if I'm covering old ground :oops: but can the Private Tags part of a particular cache page be used for making comments?

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 02 June 14 3:01 pm

You could, but that's not the purpose. It will attempt to force your tags into a certain format which might cause grief. Like splitting by , and maybe turning plurals into singles, etc.

Toriaz
200 or more found
200 or more found

Post by Toriaz » 03 June 14 7:13 am

caughtatwork wrote:You could, but that's not the purpose. It will attempt to force your tags into a certain format which might cause grief. Like splitting by , and maybe turning plurals into singles, etc.
I already saw this , the coordinates are split in a strange way. But, they are readable by me, so I don't care :-" .