Can I get a blessed rustproof +2 Mugglebane pleeeeeease?!.... :mrgreen:

:-$

rogerw3
8000 or more caches found
8000 or more caches found

Re: dragonZone

Post by rogerw3 » 09 April 14 3:24 pm

:griffin =D>

I like the idea that we get points for finds on our caches, but I wonder if this could be extended to existing caches, provided of course the find was made after the start of the game.

Perhaps too complicated to implement but no harm in asking!

:-k :griffin

the Monkey King
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found
Twitter: The Monkey King @Au

Post by the Monkey King » 12 April 14 8:21 am

Do we get points for moving movable caches? Or only for finding them in the first place?

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 12 April 14 10:58 am

Only for finding them. But of course you can upset a rival clan by cunning movement of certain caches.

the Monkey King
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found

Post by the Monkey King » 12 April 14 4:48 pm

Thanks - as the only GCA in my area are bingo moveables I might have to find and move them to help my clan.

Chwiliwr
10000 or more caches found

Post by Chwiliwr » 12 April 14 7:01 pm

Just logged GA6632 Roy's Rest and noticed that it has ended up with no dragonZone attached.

I suspect that it is the fault of the source of the zones that have been used as I noticed that they follow the river bank but actually are meant to be in the middle of the river in most instances.

Another question.

Are you going to keep the current zones or adopt the new ones when the WA State Government finally changes the metropolitan ones all around with its planned forced voluntary amalgamations?

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 12 April 14 7:21 pm

Chwiliwr wrote:Just logged GA6632 Roy's Rest and noticed that it has ended up with no dragonZone attached.

I suspect that it is the fault of the source of the zones that have been used as I noticed that they follow the river bank but actually are meant to be in the middle of the river in most instances.

Another question.

Are you going to keep the current zones or adopt the new ones when the WA State Government finally changes the metropolitan ones all around with its planned forced voluntary amalgamations?
That's fascinating. It's the first one I've genuinely seen. The data (from what I remember) was sourced from the ABS. I'm guessing that as there was no-one living in the river, it wasn't a particular issue for them. I'm not quite sure what to do with this one as I really (really) don't want to have to manually edit the shape for a zone. Interestingly Google Maps also seems to follow the rivers edge (give or take a bit). I wonder who actually controls that "area". Regrettably I think we're going to have to accept that there are some "Unknown dragonZones" in play. Interestingly, moving the cache from S31° 55.219' E115° 56.420' to S31° 55.219' E115° 56.419' (in my development environment), moves it back into the zone. This one is so close it's not funny. Your clan still have joint control of the cache, but not the dragonZone.

Err, new zones? Haven't considered them, really. I used the local government areas because they seemed reasonable. There is no mandate that says I had to use them, they were convenient. Not sure how I would migrate old to new, so I think they'll just end up remaining the same as they were when the game started.

Thanks for the heads up on this though, it does show my code for handling Unknown dragonZones works, so there's one small consolation :-)

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 12 April 14 7:30 pm

By the way, thanks for helping Griffin fellow clan member. We were sadly behind. I need to go caching.

Zalgariath
5500 or more caches found
5500 or more caches found

Post by Zalgariath » 12 April 14 9:03 pm

Yep "Geocash" in Sydney is also "Unknown" due to being listed in the water... something to think about if you are hiding a new puzzle cache, make sure the listed co-ords are landlocked!

Chwiliwr

Post by Chwiliwr » 12 April 14 9:21 pm

caughtatwork wrote:I wonder who actually controls that "area".
A bit of irrelevant trivia regarding police jurisdiction of the 'area'.

Up to this century (around 2006 I think) all the Swan River was officially designated as being controlled by the Water Police but the last time anybody in the Water Police actually knew of this was probably around the time of WW2.

the Monkey King
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found

Post by the Monkey King » 13 April 14 8:04 am

caughtatwork wrote:By the way, thanks for helping Griffin fellow clan member. We were sadly behind.
I need to hide some in my area to help Griffin out as there isn't too much to find. The only thing is I don't want to hide crap caches to get the points.

But I do know where some are if other Griffin's want to claim some for points :griffin :griffin :griffin

CraigRat
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
Twitter: CraigRat
Facebook: http://facebook.com/CraigRat

Post by CraigRat » 13 April 14 5:45 pm

:griffin :phoenix :cerberus :minotaur

This it a long term game/project, so I've created a dragonZone sub forum here: http://forum.geocaching.com.au/viewforum.php?f=44

Please continue the conversation there!

:griffin :phoenix :cerberus :minotaur