Archived GCA caches

Discussion about the Geocaching Australia web site
cantanga
650 or more caches found
650 or more caches found

Archived GCA caches

Post by cantanga » 16 July 13 7:54 pm

Playing around with GSAK I've noticed something with some GCA caches that seems weird to me. There are about 50ish caches that are apparently archived on GCA but have absolutely no logs on them. No published logs, no found logs, and no archived logs. For example GA0390.

I have a query that pulls every GCA cache, so that's how they got into my GSAK database. I also have an archived query and they do exist in that, however I'm guessing that as there is no archived log GSAK recognises them as still active. There isn't many so I can manually change them to archived. However why would these caches be archived without an archived log? Is this is just a historical process or glitch (they all seem to be placed 2007 or earlier)? I ask because I wonder if this is something I will have to keep an eye out for in future when downloading from GSAK to my GPS.

cantanga
650 or more caches found
650 or more caches found

Re: Archived GCA caches

Post by cantanga » 16 July 13 8:22 pm

Looks like my theory about the archive log is wrong. It seems even some caches with the archive log (GA0013 for example) are still showing up in GSAK as available. Unless there is something different to archiving GCA caches these days I might go ask in the GSAK forums instead.