Discussion about the Geocaching Australia web site
Team Pathfinder
6000 or more caches found
6000 or more caches found

Post by Team Pathfinder » 12 May 03 7:11 pm

How do you get an avatar onto your profiles?? :? I have been to our profile page but am not sure how to go about making a link - should it be to a file in my PC?

Gunn Parker
400 or more spectacular views seen
400 or more spectacular views seen

Post by Gunn Parker » 12 May 03 7:39 pm

Hi Sue
Your avatar must be on a web page someware either on a personal page or maybe on a cache page you have set up, just upload it to one.
then at the bottom of the profile page it has this
look for this "Link to off-site Avatar:" and put here the address of the avatar you have uploaded.
then click submit.
If you would like to put it on my page with mine we can do that as well
hope this helps
Andrew

Team Piggy

Post by Team Piggy » 12 May 03 7:45 pm

Easiest way is if you have your avatar as your geo.com one. Thats where mine is hosted, and i just linked across to it, there is a thread relating to this in the testing forum.
Team piggy.

bmac
100 or more tracks walked
100 or more tracks walked

Does it have to stay there?

Post by bmac » 12 May 03 7:57 pm

I originally had mine linked to the GC.com site, but it was way too big. (GC.com automatically resizes it) So I uploaded a reduced size picture to a server I have access to. Want I want to know is, do I have to keep it there, or does the forum copy it to its server when you enter the info into the profile page?

bmac.

Team Piggy

Post by Team Piggy » 12 May 03 7:58 pm

Easy test. Got to the current host and delete it (After Ctrl-C (copy) has been performed naturally), then see if your avatar is dead ! if it is, the questions answered, if it aint the questions answered. !
TP.

ideology

Post by ideology » 12 May 03 8:03 pm

the avatars are not stored on geocaching.com.au. we only store a link to the avatar

so if you delete it from the other site it will cease to display

we could set it up so people could upload avatars but to conserve bandwidth we have not done so

pyrenees kid
Site Admin

Post by pyrenees kid » 12 May 03 8:24 pm

if members would like their avatar hosted send them to me. I am already hosting a few now. caching@bigpond.com
Darryn. :)

RickJL

Post by RickJL » 27 April 04 3:38 pm

If anyone is looking for a free site to store avatars and other photos, try http://photobucket.com/ . I use it for other, car related, discussion groups and it (so far) has been pretty reliable.

Rick

ideology

Post by ideology » 27 April 04 7:26 pm

please keep your avatars to less than 150x100. this allows more text to fit on smaller screens.

Team Stargazer
150 or more caches found
150 or more caches found

Post by Team Stargazer » 27 April 04 7:57 pm

Team Stargazer's avatar that's been used atm on the Geocaching Australia homepage (and also as the background image on our geocaching.com cache pages) stored at this address http://img.groundspeak.com/user/119539_200.jpg is currently incorrect.

We've slightly altered our geocaching logo's stars to now show the Southern Cross (Crux), as you can see in the avatar next to this message, and is available from HERE.

Could the powers that be please update the image on this site & hopefully it will also carry on through to our cache pages too - fingers x'ed 8)

Thanks. :D

ideology

Post by ideology » 27 April 04 9:22 pm

please do a 25x25 version of whatever you want and pm us the url. we'll pick it up and put it on the geocaching australia home page

we have nothing to do with the secondary site, geocaching.com. we suggest editing your profile there