How do I get mutual unfound query into GSAK?

Discussion about the Geocaching Australia web site
mtrax

How do I get mutual unfound query into GSAK?

Post by mtrax » 18 April 13 2:05 pm

I have a Query which I search for mutual unfound GCA and GC caches, they show up on GMAP and Screen etc.. so how do I get this list imported into GSAK.
can you add a CSV list or basic text list so I can use this to mark caches in GSAK?
eg GC0001, GC0002,GC0003 ...
or perhaps
GC0001
GC0002
GC0003
GC0004
ie use a Macro to read file and mark caches in my database.

mtrax

Re: How do I get mutual unfound query into GSAK?

Post by mtrax » 24 April 13 11:56 am

pretty please [-o<

PS I don't know if you want to add another link to move or the output types to a drop down with a Go button.
and I tried some of the other formats but they don't seem to include GC caches .

ie it would be support if you can add a [Text] output with just the Codes ( 1 per line).

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 24 April 13 12:49 pm

We are reluctant to provide GC ANYTHING as a download. Even just a list of numbers. No download from GCA gives GC cache information. I'll ask the Senate what their opinion is.

ian-and-penny
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Post by ian-and-penny » 24 April 13 1:39 pm

Have you looked in the GSAK macro library?

This one may do what you want, other team members provide GPX files to the coordinator to create a master (mutual unfound) database.

mtrax

Post by mtrax » 24 April 13 1:50 pm

ian-and-penny wrote:Have you looked in the GSAK macro library?

This one may do what you want, other team members provide GPX files to the coordinator to create a master (mutual unfound) database.
I am aware of how do do it with supplied logs, but it would be simpler with a list which GCA already does but not in a format that is readily useful for trips, hence the request for this function.

But I can't see how a list of GC codes would violate any TOS.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 24 April 13 1:57 pm

Ity's not the list, per se. It's the functionality of using data against the TOS to draw the final list. Sharing the GPX files with GCA is technically within the TOS, but we are loathe to use that data to provide functionality (sharing of data between users) that seems to be against the GS TOS. We do that in a minimal way so you can see the lists, but make it more challenging to get the raw data. If you know what you're doing you can get it, but I'm also not going to point you at where it may be found.

Big Matt and Shell
6500 or more caches found
6500 or more caches found
Twitter: BigMattandShell

Post by Big Matt and Shell » 25 April 13 5:58 pm

Recently I learnt that you can actually use GSAK to perform this search for you using the API. Assuming you are using V8 you should be able to use the Get Geocaches functionality and go to the Advanced tab.

From the help file:
Not found by - You can enter up to 5 cacher names in the same format as "Hidden by" above. Only caches that have *not* been found by these cachers will be selected. For example, you could use this option when going "group" caching - you want to hunt caches that no one in a group has found.