Delete Log button

Discussion about the Geocaching Australia web site
McKee Clan
1500 or more caches found

Delete Log button

Post by McKee Clan » 02 April 13 8:32 am

when you ask for one find per user to make it fair on others on a locationless cache. You assume people would do that. But instead they log mulptiple finds then come back a couple months later and do it again. Please give me a delete button so I can make it back to one find per user.

I asked them to put it as a note and they said the site allows us to do it then we will do it. So really they dont care about the listing or cache just the numbers.

SO PLEASE GCA REINSTATE THE DELETE BUTTON SO I CAN CLEAN UP MY CACHE.

caughtatwork

Re: Delete Log button

Post by caughtatwork » 02 April 13 9:42 am

WHY DON'T YOU USE THE "Maximum Finds" LIMITER ON THE CACHE PAGE? YOU CAN CHECK THIS WIKI PAGE FOR MORE INFORMATION http://wiki.geocaching.com.au/wiki/Loca ... r_of_Finds AS YOU HAVE THEM ALL SET TO 0 WHICH IS LIMITLESS, WELL OF COURSE PEOPLE ARE GOING TO LOG MORE THAN ONCE AND YOU HAVE ALLOWED THEM TO DO SO. IF YOU CHANGE THE LIMIT TO 1 IT SHOULD STOP MORE THAN 1 FOUND IT LOG ON ANY OF YOUR LOCATIONLESS CACHES.

CraigRat
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
Twitter: CraigRat
Facebook: http://facebook.com/CraigRat

Post by CraigRat » 02 April 13 9:43 am

FYI you can enforce the number of finds by editing your cache and setting the number of finds allowed to something other than zero.

Big Matt and Shell
6500 or more caches found
6500 or more caches found
Twitter: BigMattandShell

Post by Big Matt and Shell » 02 April 13 2:03 pm

caughtatwork wrote:WHY DON'T YOU USE THE "Maximum Finds" LIMITER ON THE CACHE PAGE? YOU CAN CHECK THIS WIKI PAGE FOR MORE INFORMATION http://wiki.geocaching.com.au/wiki/Loca ... r_of_Finds AS YOU HAVE THEM ALL SET TO 0 WHICH IS LIMITLESS, WELL OF COURSE PEOPLE ARE GOING TO LOG MORE THAN ONCE AND YOU HAVE ALLOWED THEM TO DO SO. IF YOU CHANGE THE LIMIT TO 1 IT SHOULD STOP MORE THAN 1 FOUND IT LOG ON ANY OF YOUR LOCATIONLESS CACHES.
Too much coffee today?

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 02 April 13 2:12 pm

No, just responding in kind.

McKee Clan

Post by McKee Clan » 02 April 13 10:29 pm

A FEATURE THAT WAS NOT AROUND WHEN I LISTED THE CACHE I WOULD GUESS!

GIVE ME A DELETE BUTTON PLEASE.

RESPONDED IN KIND!

McKee Clan

Post by McKee Clan » 02 April 13 10:37 pm

Thankyou craigrat for your response it solved my problem. shame the feature was not there when I listed my cache originally. You answered my question appropriately thankyou for your assistance.

McKee Clan

Post by McKee Clan » 02 April 13 10:39 pm

Just edited and it does not remove all the finds, so has solved it for the future but has not solved my original issue. I contacted a multiple finder and was rudely responded to, hence why a delete button would be nice. to just leave one of there finds

McKee Clan

Post by McKee Clan » 02 April 13 11:24 pm

Do you know what caughtatwork please just delete my GCA account and forum account. I have archieved all caches to make it easier for you. Please delete my account. Thought about it and please delete my account.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 03 April 13 7:45 am

McKee Clan wrote:Thankyou craigrat for your response it solved my problem. shame the feature was not there when I listed my cache originally. You answered my question appropriately thankyou for your assistance.
You are correct. That feature was introduced on 20 October 2011 a little less than a year after you created your cache listings. This was introduced as a result of a request from the community to make the change.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 03 April 13 7:48 am

McKee Clan wrote:Just edited and it does not remove all the finds, so has solved it for the future but has not solved my original issue. I contacted a multiple finder and was rudely responded to, hence why a delete button would be nice. to just leave one of there finds
There has never been the ability at Geocaching Australia for a cache owner to delete any logs on their caches. We have one in development but it has never made it out of the gate. There are too many opportunities for "tit for tat" log deletions, so at this stage no-one apart from the log owner (or a site administrator) can delete a log. We don't have the time for rules lawyering between cachers as there are only two site admins and we do this in our spare time and for enjoyment. I really don't know if there will ever be the ability for a cache owner to delete a log from a cache page.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 03 April 13 7:51 am

McKee Clan wrote:Do you know what caughtatwork please just delete my GCA account and forum account. I have archieved all caches to make it easier for you. Please delete my account. Thought about it and please delete my account.
We don't delete accounts at Geocaching Australia as that causes cache listings to become orphaned and it also removes all posts from the forum. You are welcome to return to Geocaching Australia at any time in the future and your account will be there waiting for you.