GCA stats

Discussion about the Geocaching Australia web site
FurfacesLL

GCA stats

Post by FurfacesLL » 13 December 12 12:48 am

Why is our GCA number of finds not equal to the GC number of finds. Our find total in GC.com is 4785 Caches found, but in GCA it is only 2127, do we need to do something to update these numbers?
Thanks
FurfacesLL

SamCarter
1400 or more caches found
1400 or more caches found

Re: GCA stats

Post by SamCarter » 13 December 12 1:10 am

Chances are you have some overseas finds. The faeries ensure that Australian finds (mostly) appear automagically; but you will need to do a manual import of your other finds. If you're a premium GC member then this is easy: you just do a MyFinds pocket query and import the lot into GCA. The wiki explains all: http://wiki.geocaching.com.au/wiki/Uploading_logs

FurfacesLL

Post by FurfacesLL » 13 December 12 11:38 pm

Thank you for the response, I will give it a try!

FurfacesLL

Post by FurfacesLL » 14 December 12 8:07 am

:?

Not sure what I am doing wrong, I have tried three times to upload the file and each time I receive the same error "You need to specify a file to upload". I select the browse to locate the downloaded file which populates the Import File field, select Import. Messages at the bottom of the screen indicates it is connecting to Geocaching.com, then error message the import file field is blank. I have used the My Finds pocket query as well as the GPX file from GSAK.
Any suggestions?
cheers,
FurfacesLL

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 14 December 12 8:39 am

How big is your file? If it's more than about 8MB it's too big to load.
Send your file to me ptaurins@bigpond.net.au and I'll have a look (I'm one of the site admins).

FurfacesLL

Post by FurfacesLL » 15 December 12 12:36 pm

:oops: #-o
Thank you... yep size is the issue, I should have checked that. I didn't think it was that big..