Who moved me to the Northern Territory?

Discussion about the Geocaching Australia web site
WanderingAus
5000 or more caches found

Who moved me to the Northern Territory?

Post by WanderingAus » 03 November 12 12:33 am

I just had a period of VERY SLOW wifi at the huge metropolis of Bruce Rock, and while waiting to upload an image to GA0704 Crazy About Post Offices, twiddling my thumbs and repeatedly rebooting the wifi thingy, I happened for the first time ever to read the bit at the bottom of the page which reads "Server Time: 03-Nov-12 12:19 AM | Local Time: 02-Nov-12 10:49 PM".

Since the top of the page has a Western Australian map I expected to see a 3 hour time difference, not 90 minutes. I know I did a couple of NT locationless logs yesterday, but I finished with a Queensland one and was doing another Queensland one tonight.

I know I took the long way around to get to Bruce Rock, but I'm sure I'm still in Western Australia.

Not very important, it's the first time in over five years I read that line at the bottom, just curious.

caughtatwork

Re: Who moved me to the Northern Territory?

Post by caughtatwork » 03 November 12 11:03 am

The time at the bottom of the page is your local time zone.
Go to http://geocaching.com.au/my/settings and check your timezone.

WanderingAus

Post by WanderingAus » 03 November 12 12:17 pm

caughtatwork wrote:The time at the bottom of the page is your local time zone.
Go to http://geocaching.com.au/my/settings and check your timezone.
:oops: :oops: :oops: I don't recall ever changing that, I only spend three months of the year in NT. I've now 'Relocated' to WA time. :oops: :oops: :oops:

tronador
6500 or more caches found

Post by tronador » 21 November 12 10:37 pm

:oops: :oops: :oops: Just checked mine. My time zone is correct but the time seems to be 1 hour behind server time. Only thing I can figure is daylight savings. How do I account for that??? Eastern standard time is correct but we are on daylight savings.

WanderingAus

Post by WanderingAus » 21 November 12 11:03 pm

tronador wrote::oops: :oops: :oops: Just checked mine. My time zone is correct but the time seems to be 1 hour behind server time. Only thing I can figure is daylight savings. How do I account for that??? Eastern standard time is correct but we are on daylight savings.
Hmmm!! My Munzee time stamps are also out by one hour, reporting an hour ahead. After I deploy a Munzee I take a photo to remind me what to write as a hint, the Munzee site reports 'Deployed at' an hour later than the photo time.

In the early 1980s as a programmer I was plagued by the demon OBOB, perhaps this is a re-visit of that problem. :evil: :twisted:

(OBOB = Off By One Bug, caused by ignoring or forgetting the Zeroth element or value).

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 22 November 12 1:22 pm

tronador wrote::oops: :oops: :oops: Just checked mine. My time zone is correct but the time seems to be 1 hour behind server time. Only thing I can figure is daylight savings. How do I account for that??? Eastern standard time is correct but we are on daylight savings.
In your forum profile set DST on.

tronador

Post by tronador » 22 November 12 8:17 pm

caughtatwork wrote:
In your forum profile set DST on.
\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ Finally found that, gee that was difficult to find for me! 8-[