Bingo - The moving cache race for 2012/2013

Discussion about the Geocaching Australia web site
GJMMelb
3000 or more caches found

Re: Bingo - The moving cache race for 2012/2013

Post by GJMMelb » 28 January 13 9:44 am

FelixII wrote:Well we seem to have a spare 70 but who's going to move it? :roll:
We had a 70 turn up at our GCA Bingo Party in Melbourne yesterday so all we need is a 62 now :-)

Don't think that's gunna happen in the next 3 days lol

Cheers - GJMMelb

Yurt
4500 or more caches found

Post by Yurt » 28 January 13 9:09 pm

A whole mob turned up in Sydney at the weekend but disappeared to Canberra before we could even think of looking for them.

There were four or so numbers I needed but a couple of other numbers I needed have not been near NSW so not in the race this year barring a miracle in the next few days...

tronador
6500 or more caches found

Post by tronador » 28 January 13 9:36 pm

That doesn't seem very nice . One reason why the game has held less appeal for me this year.

blossom*

Post by blossom* » 28 January 13 9:48 pm

tronador wrote:That doesn't seem very nice . One reason why the game has held less appeal for me this year.
Just to set the record straight on this one: An ACT cacher drove to Sydney and back in a day for some personal business. Since ACT cachers had gone to a heap of trouble to create a heap of missing numbers for themselves, it seemed rather nasty to grab all the new numbers and leave them interstate, especially with a special ACT event organised for 28th. But at the last minute, the ACT cacher very kindly organised to bring them up for a quick visit on the way past but they had to take them back to Canberra again that afternoon.

I'm really sorry that no other Sydney cachers had the chance to find and move these ones but there just wasn't time. It wasn't a matter of being nasty or trying to keep others out of the game in any way.

There are 3 new numbers still in Sydney that will be moving around I expect but I know we're missing a lot of numbers here still.

Yurt

Post by Yurt » 29 January 13 8:23 am

blossom* wrote:
tronador wrote:That doesn't seem very nice . One reason why the game has held less appeal for me this year.
Just to set the record straight on this one: An ACT cacher drove to Sydney and back in a day for some personal business. Since ACT cachers had gone to a heap of trouble to create a heap of missing numbers for themselves, it seemed rather nasty to grab all the new numbers and leave them interstate, especially with a special ACT event organised for 28th. But at the last minute, the ACT cacher very kindly organised to bring them up for a quick visit on the way past but they had to take them back to Canberra again that afternoon.

I'm really sorry that no other Sydney cachers had the chance to find and move these ones but there just wasn't time. It wasn't a matter of being nasty or trying to keep others out of the game in any way.
I had a feeling that might have been the case.

We all should have been more organised here and covered the numbers but to be honest I only got into this quite late and didn't even understand what was going on for a couple of weeks! :oops:

Richary
8000 or more caches found
8000 or more caches found

Post by Richary » 29 January 13 8:08 pm

A bit of planning we could have set up a relay around Parramatta Park between a few of us, so everyone could have got the numbers we needed and the caches could still have gone home at the end of the day. Oh well, I haven't found a moveable in weeks and the 2-3 that are in greater Sydney I haven't got I don't need the numbers for the game anyway. So I'm not going to make a special run and will get them whenever.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 31 January 13 10:20 pm

After 2 months of insanity, less than 2 hours to go.

The good news is that the pathtags were shipped early this week, so they should be here next week which should (all things being equal) get into your grimy hands maybe end of next week or early the week after.

Bronnie_1990
1000 or more caches found
1000 or more caches found
Twitter: bronnie1990

Post by Bronnie_1990 » 01 February 13 8:01 am

blossom* wrote:it seemed rather nasty to grab all the new numbers and leave them interstate, especially with a special ACT event organised for 28th. But at the last minute, the ACT cacher very kindly organised to bring them up for a quick visit on the way past but they had to take them back to Canberra again that afternoon.
It would of been lovely if said numbers did appear on the 28th...grumble grumble grumble :)

(i feel that moveable powertrail is going to be my enemy. That has came close to me, and i've missed it, so many times now. I cant help that im in it for the numbers!!)

Anyway. Race over. Nowhere near finished a bingo card. I dont mind. I had fun.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 04 February 13 8:18 pm

If you know where to go there is something nice waiting for you. If you know where else to go you can get an even nicer surprise. If you don't know where to go shame, shame, shame, but you will be prompted sooner or later.

nutwood

Post by nutwood » 05 February 13 9:52 pm

caughtatwork wrote:If you know where to go there is something nice waiting for you. If you know where else to go you can get an even nicer surprise. If you don't know where to go shame, shame, shame, but you will be prompted sooner or later.
I'm frequently told where to go, should that be seen as a prompt?

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 05 February 13 10:50 pm

nutwood wrote:
caughtatwork wrote:If you know where to go there is something nice waiting for you. If you know where else to go you can get an even nicer surprise. If you don't know where to go shame, shame, shame, but you will be prompted sooner or later.
Ah young padawan you are as yet maybe too young to exploit the ways of the force. Monday (after 12:00pm) may be your guiding light if you are as yet not willing to venture forth and boldly click where few have clicked before. Your ventures may prove fruitful ahead of others should you chose the investigative path.

tronador

Post by tronador » 05 February 13 10:57 pm

:D found one surprise!

nutwood

Post by nutwood » 06 February 13 11:18 pm

caughtatwork wrote:
nutwood wrote:
Ah young padawan you are as yet maybe too young to exploit the ways of the force. Monday (after 12:00pm) may be your guiding light if you are as yet not willing to venture forth and boldly click where few have clicked before. Your ventures may prove fruitful ahead of others should you chose the investigative path.
Alas, I am but a youngling so must wait to be told where to go.

Actually was told today but it seemed biologically impractical so must wait for wiser council!

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 07 February 13 10:00 pm

I see we have a few Google+ readers. Excellent. SURPRISE!

geo_jas

Post by geo_jas » 08 February 13 5:12 am

I knew where to look and I got my surprise yesterday :D .
Thanks caughtatwork. Definitely worth the effort of the last couple of months.