Post by caughtatwork » 14 February 13 9:34 pm

:oops:
GCA says you're welcome.

Tuena
6500 or more caches found
6500 or more caches found

Re: Bingo - The moving cache race for 2012/2013

Post by Tuena » 16 February 13 9:48 am

I received my Bingo pathtag yesterday & it was much appreciated. I received an email via the Pathtags site when a geocacher registered one of my tags with the comment that they had a meagre collection. I replied that they could add substantially to their collection by hiding & finding GCA caches, giving examples of the ones I had been awarded. Shinnies of a real & virtual nature.

oldfella
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Post by oldfella » 16 February 13 7:10 pm

Thankyou for the new shiney

Keeper of Time
8500 or more caches found
8500 or more caches found

Post by Keeper of Time » 16 February 13 7:50 pm

We are so worried, we are away from home for 2 weeks and our little shinney will be sitting in our PO Box so far away from us. We hope it is not feeling too unloved, we cant wait to get home and rescue it.

Rogue
7500 or more caches found
7500 or more caches found
Twitter: steffvan

Post by Rogue » 18 February 13 10:10 am

Thanks to GCA, c@w and everyone else who helped organise the Bingo game, the pathtags are lovely, and I had a great time chasing down all the caches! =D> =D>

Yurt
4500 or more caches found
4500 or more caches found

Post by Yurt » 28 February 13 10:14 am

Thanks for another shiny - working on getting the set!

On the cache race itself did anyone notice the find rates on caches dropping dramatically after New Year? We had caches in Sydney that basically stood still for the last four weeks of the race. I nabbed any in my range but didn't go a long way to chase others. I got the feeling that many were being ignored as they didn't have numbers people wanted. I just went for anything and hoped the numbers matched up at some stage.

Anyway that's all in the past now but do you think two months might be a bit long? There is obviously a lot of enthusiasm in the weeks up to Xmas but then it wanes. Perhaps any future race might need some "game changer" at New Year.

Only vaguely on topic - I was at a hard waste recycling depot this week and a big plastic frog was just lying there. I picked it up and thought it was a cache at first as it had a box a bit bigger than a mint tin in place of its stomach. But then I realised it was a radio!

WanderingAus
5000 or more caches found
5000 or more caches found

Post by WanderingAus » 28 February 13 12:00 pm

I'd forgotten all about Bingo, having dropped out of the game very early, so it was a nice surprise to get a Bingo tag to add to my meagre supply. Bingo is my 20th gca tag, even though my 'Rewards' page at http://geocaching.com.au/my/reward/ tells me "You have 19 Shipped Rewards" - must be something to do with "•10th Anniversary Pathtag (2)" only being counted as one.

Richary
8000 or more caches found
8000 or more caches found

Post by Richary » 28 February 13 8:31 pm

Yurt wrote:On the cache race itself did anyone notice the find rates on caches dropping dramatically after New Year? We had caches in Sydney that basically stood still for the last four weeks of the race. I nabbed any in my range but didn't go a long way to chase others. I got the feeling that many were being ignored as they didn't have numbers people wanted. I just went for anything and hoped the numbers matched up at some stage.
I think in the previous 2 races there was some incentive to help the hiders as awards were based on distance and number of moves. Here the primary focus was to find the numbers you needed for your card rather than continually finding and moving the same cache. So once I had the number, there was little incentive to drive somewhere to refind the same moveable (except of course for a smiley on the stats). I found most of the ones that were around Sydney, I missed a few but they weren't close and weren't numbers I needed so didn't drive across town for them.

Also this year, at least in Sydney, there didn't seem to be as much interstate travel going on apart from a bit of a Canberra-Sydney journeys. I know work didn't get me to Melbourne or Perth as it has during previous races, so I couldn't help. But also quite a few of the racers were a bit big to fit in the suitcase for a flight. I think that kept the excitement level down a bit as there was a lack of new blood to chase.

Zalgariath
5500 or more caches found
5500 or more caches found

Post by Zalgariath » 28 February 13 9:23 pm

I know personally I just got hectic busy this year! So in January starting full time work killed my caching time.