bigger and clearer Log Icons.. please?

Discussion about the Geocaching Australia web site
mtrax

bigger and clearer Log Icons.. please?

Post by mtrax » 09 August 12 6:22 pm

Can I put in an Order for bigger Icons..
Its hard to make out what each Icon is for unless you hover over it, so would it be possible to make the icons a bit bigger eg 50%
and or change / add some Text fields?

eg http://geocaching.com.au/cache/ga4068
http://geocaching.com.au/gallery/log/5131382

Also could we show off some of the Gallery Images a bit more in the log eg a Link with Caption/file name at the bottom?

thanks indeed.

caughtatwork

Re: bigger and clearer Log Icons.. please?

Post by caughtatwork » 09 August 12 6:25 pm

Icons. We have had this discussion. Not to say it can't happen again.

Mouseover text? Should be there for every icon or did you mean something different?

Thumbnails. We purposely did not put them on the cache page / log section to save download time for the folks on slow connections. Again, discussion can occur as to what is desired and deemed acceptable by the community.

mtrax

Post by mtrax » 09 August 12 6:35 pm

caughtatwork wrote:Icons. We have had this discussion. Not to say it can't happen again.

Mouseover text? Should be there for every icon or did you mean something different?

Thumbnails. We purposely did not put them on the cache page / log section to save download time for the folks on slow connections. Again, discussion can occur as to what is desired and deemed acceptable by the community.
I mean adding some Text options above or below icons
eg
[Edit][View][Gallery][Add Image]

Note I didn't mean put the Images on the Log page but Links to the Images with the Caption text.
eg
[Nice day out caching near Trig]

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 09 August 12 8:20 pm

mtrax wrote:
caughtatwork wrote:Icons. We have had this discussion. Not to say it can't happen again.

I mean adding some Text options above or below icons
eg

Note I didn't mean put the Images on the Log page but Links to the Images with the Caption text.
eg
[Nice day out caching near Trig]
I got you.
It's kind of pointless to have an icon if it's surrounded by text, but I'll let the community weigh in on that one.

For the gallery links, probably can do. We'll let the idea float for a little while and see what the community suggest.

Richary
8000 or more caches found
8000 or more caches found

Post by Richary » 09 August 12 11:56 pm

I think on the mentioned icons
mouseover text could be helpful especially when viewing on a small screen. I don't personally think text automatically displaying above the icons would be helpful and could clutter up the page. Slightly larger icons could also be helpful as suggested IMHO - based on doing a lot of the logs on a netbook with a fairly compressed screen.

Big Matt and Shell
6500 or more caches found
6500 or more caches found
Twitter: BigMattandShell

Post by Big Matt and Shell » 10 August 12 8:29 pm

Richary wrote:I think on the mentioned icons
mouseover text could be helpful especially when viewing on a small screen. I don't personally think text automatically displaying above the icons would be helpful and could clutter up the page. Slightly larger icons could also be helpful as suggested IMHO - based on doing a lot of the logs on a netbook with a fairly compressed screen.
+1, the eee only has a 1024 x 600 resolution