richary wrote:

Does the term in your search bar say "upjohn" :-k

Richary
8000 or more caches found

Re: Report GCA Site issues here

Post by Richary » 01 January 10 10:45 pm

J_&_J wrote:Does the term in your search bar say "upjohn" :-k
Well actually yes. :?: Which isn't as bad as it seems, I had been showing Anna the notes for a nearby park where I placed my first Sydney cache. Donated by the Upjohn Phamaraceutical Company and is called Upjohn Park.

GC1BDFA is the listing \:D/

Richary

Post by Richary » 02 January 10 10:54 pm

In the Zones listings, at http://geocaching.com.au/zone/ you have the option to select a letter in the 2nd option which by default is All Names. This returns zero results unless you have changed the first option from "All Zones" to select the type of zone you are interested in.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 02 January 10 11:20 pm

The default on entry is All Zones, All Names.
If I select All Zones, K I get list of zones starting with K.
If I select All Zones, All Names I get the full list.

If I select NSW NP&WS Managed Area, All Names I get the full list for NSW NP&WS Managed Area.
If I select NSW NP&WS Managed Area, K I get a list of zones within NSW NP&WS Managed Area that start with K.

If I select NSW NP&WS Managed Area and All Name I get bounced back to All Zones, All Names.
Is the last thing the problem?

I've made a fix, have another go.

Richary

Post by Richary » 03 January 10 10:57 am

caughtatwork wrote:The default on entry is All Zones, All Names.
That's the one that isn't working for me.

If I select All Zones, N (or any other letter) it comes back and tells me "No Zones Available".

Running Firefox 3.5.6 if that is relevant.
If I select NSW NP&WS Managed Area and All Name I get bounced back to All Zones, All Names.
That one is working fine. Strange one.

sushilord
6000 or more caches found

Post by sushilord » 03 January 10 2:37 pm

Hi GCA fairies,

Would it be possible to produce a graph showing cache type/container size? Currently each is available as a pie chart.

Just a thought.

Many thanks

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 03 January 10 7:38 pm

richary wrote:
caughtatwork wrote:The default on entry is All Zones, All Names.
That's the one that isn't working for me.

If I select All Zones, N (or any other letter) it comes back and tells me "No Zones Available".

Running Firefox 3.5.6 if that is relevant.
That one is working fine. Strange one.
When you have selected N with All Zones, what's in your address bar?
It should look like this.
http://geocaching.com.au/zone/?letter=N

Paste what you have and I'll see if I can work out what makes it not work at your end.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 03 January 10 7:40 pm

sushilord wrote:Hi GCA fairies,

Would it be possible to produce a graph showing cache type/container size? Currently each is available as a pie chart.

Just a thought.

Many thanks
The data is presented as a pie chart as it will always be as at "today".

To make a time series chart from the start will have 10 or more types for each day / month of the year. The volume of data on that chart is simply too complex to read and makes it a page full of spaghetti wrapping itself around each other.

sushilord

Post by sushilord » 03 January 10 8:55 pm

C@W a PM is on its way.

Richary

Post by Richary » 03 January 10 10:58 pm

caughtatwork wrote: When you have selected N with All Zones, what's in your address bar?
It should look like this.
http://geocaching.com.au/zone/?letter=N

Paste what you have and I'll see if I can work out what makes it not work at your end.
Looks exactly like that, and to doublecheck I copied the above into both FF and IE7 toolbars directly and got the same result - No Zones Found.

Further info, FF which I always use says I am logged in as me, IE which I rarely use says Login/Register at the top so it isn't a login problem. Just to be sure logged in under IE and it took me back to the same page http://geocaching.com.au/zone/?letter=N which still says No Zones Found.

I know it's only a minor hiccup as we can work around by selecting the type of zone first - but I know as programmers how these little weird ones can get under your skin and go what the heck :roll:

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 04 January 10 11:59 am

Aha!

The GCA administrators have special privileges into the database to see as yet unapproved zones. All new zones go through a review process before they get approved.

As such the query that gets the data from the database is lightly different for the admins.

When I logged off and tried as an ordinary member I got the same problem which was a malformed query when there was no zone selected but here was a letter selected.

This has now been fixed and you should be able to use the function as designed.

Thanks for your persistence in providing the detail. It helped to narrow down the cause.

Richary

Post by Richary » 04 January 10 9:09 pm

caughtatwork wrote:Aha!

The GCA administrators have special privileges into the database to see as yet unapproved zones. All new zones go through a review process before they get approved.

As such the query that gets the data from the database is lightly different for the admins.
All working perfectly now! Thanks for that.

And yes I understand the problem from when I worked for OTC then the Big T as a network admin. Had to have two logins to check things - one as admin and one as an ordinary user (which was a royal PITA when Telstra decided Windows NT 3.5 was the platform of choice on the desktops. Oh I need to reboot and relogin, lets go and get a coffee and morning tea and come back in 10).
Thanks for your persistence in providing the detail. It helped to narrow down the cause.
No worries. I know from those days how helpful the info from the end user can be, instead of just complaining that it doesn't work :roll:

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 04 January 10 11:10 pm

sushilord wrote:C@W a PM is on its way.
This what I came up with.

http://geocaching.com.au/stats/graphs/a ... _container
http://geocaching.com.au/stats/graphs/a ... _container

Bubble graph showing type along one axis and container (size) along the other.
Some of the very large bubbles are overwriting others, bt the number sin the box represent the total values.

Richary

Post by Richary » 06 January 10 12:17 am

Geo Birthdays - well that didn't work tonight, trying to see what it would show me....might just be a temporary hiccup though :?:

GeoBirthdays Download as xml

Geocaching Australia is pleased to wish a happy geobirthday to the following geocachers.

Warning: simplexml_load_file() [function.simplexml-load-file]: data.xml:2: parser error : Premature end of data in tag geobirthday line 1 in /var/www/site/gca/docroot/stats/geobirthday/html.php on line 35

Warning: simplexml_load_file() [function.simplexml-load-file]: in /var/www/site/gca/docroot/stats/geobirthday/html.php on line 35

Warning: simplexml_load_file() [function.simplexml-load-file]: ^ in /var/www/site/gca/docroot/stats/geobirthday/html.php on line 35

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/site/gca/docroot/stats/geobirthday/html.php on line 36

A geobirthday is celebrated on the day the geocacher made their first log on a non-locationless / non-virtual cache.

setsujoku
3500 or more caches found
3500 or more caches found
Twitter: BGNWP

Post by setsujoku » 09 January 10 6:20 pm

On the cachers centroids maps is there a need for the check boxes for proximity, hide my finds, and hide my caches, or is it a matter that if they are turned on for one set of maps, they are on for all?

Just seems rather redundant having the boxes there when they aren't applicable to that map/graph.