Updating of missing Cache Logs

Discussion about the Geocaching Australia web site
chase'em
1100 or more caches found
1100 or more caches found

Re: Updating of missing Cache Logs

Post by chase'em » 08 June 14 2:25 pm

Hi Guys,
I just returned from holidays overseas where I logged 5 caches (my first overseas) but the logs are not registering in my GCA logs.
I am not a premium member so can't use the GPX file method you describe to fix the problem.
The caches were GC43328, GC28KA4, GC2Q8HQ, GCJT7N and GC1RQRW which I logged over a week ago.
Could my GCA records please be updated.
Thanks,
chase'em

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 08 June 14 3:27 pm

GC will only provide the last 20 logs for a given cache in the GPX file. Your logs are too old to grab from the cache page. I've had to go into GSAK and download the cache, then the logs. This can't be a frequent thing, but your logs have been imported this time.

Lions.v.Lambs

Post by Lions.v.Lambs » 18 October 18 11:22 pm

Uninitiated forum [first] poster (be kind)
I'm trying to acknowledge a FTF post on the 'missing cache thread' buuutt I can't 'see' where to log my first-ever forum post wheep! I have tried importing the GPX a few times buttt results draw a blank 0 logs/finds; considering the other GPX.files tried, I have been able to import missing PMO cache finds . . . I get instant results . . . yay (thankyou) GCA is awesome!
//posting.php?mode=post&f=20
Missing cache: waypoint - 46.5 & 168.5 Waimatua GC7P6HW

Chwiliwr
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Post by Chwiliwr » 19 October 18 1:28 am

Lions.v.Lambs wrote:Uninitiated forum [first] poster (be kind)
I'm trying to acknowledge a FTF post on the 'missing cache thread' buuutt I can't 'see' where to log my first-ever forum post wheep! I have tried importing the GPX a few times buttt results draw a blank 0 logs/finds; considering the other GPX.files tried, I have been able to import missing PMO cache finds . . . I get instant results . . . yay (thankyou) GCA is awesome!
This will require one of the administrators as the GPX with your found log does not overwrite your original write note log when the import is processed on GCA.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 19 October 18 8:47 am

I have deleted the note which will now allow your find to me loaded via GPX.
We don't automatically update logs because if you load up a FIND then someone else loads up a NOTE then you load up a DNF then someone else loads up the original FIND, we have no idea what is supposed to happen. So we accept the first log only.

Lions.v.Lambs

Post by Lions.v.Lambs » 19 October 18 10:02 am

caughtatwork wrote:
I have deleted the note which will now allow your find to me loaded via GPX.
We don't automatically update logs because if you load up a FIND then someone else loads up a NOTE then you load up a DNF then someone else loads up the original FIND, we have no idea what is supposed to happen. So we accept the first log only.

:-" Magic, thankyou.